NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 389,090 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm thinking $40 is fair because in order for the armor to do ATAX justice, it's going to take up the same plastic mass as basically 2 figures. It's ATAX the human, plus basically enough accessories to attach to him that make him literally double in size.

A $100 price tag like we had with the Queen and Power Loader would be too much. The Queen at $100 is fair I think, but the Loader (and the Predator Blade Fighter) should have been priced closer to $75.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

This is my last custom of 2016. Well, he may be the first of 2017 because I'm not sure how I feel about his armor graffiti.
McFarlane Connor head/Arm band on Hicks's body. I may also put the other arm band on his other bicep.

Vark_

Vark_

I think it's nicely done, face / gloves /graffiti and arm band make it look like a brand new platoon member.
I wouldn't worry much about the graffiti you put, at this scale you did pretty well, though I would have added a little white "make-up" around the "Big Bad Wolf" to hide the contours you cut, to make it look like a cartoon explosion or something like that. I would have dissimulated the hole in the shoulder armor too, (looks "Hicksy").

I guess I already told you that, but if you find the graffiti not satisfying, you may try model kits nose art decals (1/72 scale), they would fit right on. You can also consider customizing or accessorizing the helmet in the style of Full Metal Jacket  :).
Good job anywway !

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Thanks Vark, I actually am looking into the smaller scaled decals for some marines I have planned.

With this guy I wanted the top decal (Big Bad Wolf) to look as if it was a sticker, kind of like Frost's "Nuke'em" sticker.
The wolf head is something I like, but that was the best I could cut it sadly. I may try to "tear" little chunks out of it to make it looks worn and beat to make up for the sloppy application

alienscollection.com

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: alienscollection.com on Jan 07, 2017, 03:56:21 AM
Hicks / Hudson 2 pack:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/817420569670991872

Looks like flesh colored molds like Vaz and hudson has the right helmet.

I'm sold on two.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Now NECA gonna include interchangeable heads..... :P

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Gridseeker on Jan 07, 2017, 01:25:37 PM
Now NECA gonna include interchangeable heads..... :P
Had to get all the other options out first so you could buy those!

Honestly, I do like when they do this for collectors who want the figures but don't want to pay extreme prices for earlier sculpts, especially for those who want to open to display but don't want to ruin the package...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Better late than never with the interchangeable heads. It'd have been nice if it came with an extra helmet, or a head set to put on Hicks

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Some camera time for the Power Loader

Parademon

Parademon

Pretty new to the game of NECA collecting. Just started this past Sept. I figured if I was gonna get Aliens/preds/Colonial Marines, that I better get started on a few Dios to pose them in. Took me bout a month to do this Space station Corridor.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

^ Awesome corridor diorama. I'd really like to put one together myself.

Has anyone seen the pictures of the new auto turrets? Someone on another forum I go to shared a picture NECA shared on twitter. I'm unable to post it myself right now (still at work) but it looks great.

Edit: Home now, here it is

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That thing is pretty neat, I'll probably pick one up depending on the price and how they release it. Like, it's it just 1 turret? 2 turrets in a pack for $10 or something? Has NECA said?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I know they previously showed what the entire pack would consist of and (unless they changed their minds) one pack would have 2 turrets, a pulse rifle, flame thrower, knife and flash light. I think a better idea would be to add a helmet and armor with no name or graffiti on it, but I'm happy just to get the turrets.

The creature pack at my comic shop is $20.99, and a deluxe predator is $28.99. I'm guessing it'll go for just under $30

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 28, 2017, 07:11:51 PM
I know they previously showed what the entire pack would consist of and (unless they changed their minds) one pack would have 2 turrets, a pulse rifle, flame thrower, knife and flash light. I think a better idea would be to add a helmet and armor with no name or graffiti on it, but I'm happy just to get the turrets.

The creature pack at my comic shop is $20.99, and a deluxe predator is $28.99. I'm guessing it'll go for just under $30
Yeah, the knife and flashlight feel like filler, but I could use the flamethrower for sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed