New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,597 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Lasershot on Nov 20, 2020, 09:45:48 PM
Why does every f**king new movie in the big franchises have to be focus solely on race and gender every single time. Hollywood apparently doesn't realize that their liberal agenda turns people off. Get woke to broke.

Feminism in muh Predator? How dare they! ::)

I can't belive that there are people react like this to this news. I don't think I've ever seen anyone attach the "Get woke go broke" mantra to a statement that didn't seem like a blubbering mess.

I'm not even looking forward to this movie - I'm really soured on the Predator brand as a whole - but the synopsis sounds pretty neat, especially compared to what we got last time.

Jigsaw85

Don't see what the big deal is with a female protagonist. It's not like any of the men ever beat a predator with their physical strength anyway.

seattle24

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 20, 2020, 09:37:29 PM
What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Alien isn't dead either. We can confirm that too.  ;) :P

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/disney-rumoured-bring-sigourney-weaver-back-alien-movie/

Is this BS or is there a little substance in it?

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/DannyTRS/status/1329919692157444096

This marketing campaign would have been neat. Shame the details came out early.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 20, 2020, 11:02:32 PM
Don't see what the big deal is with a female protagonist. It's not like any of the men ever beat a predator with their physical strength anyway.

The best parts of the first movie were when all of the standard 80s "Action Man" stereotypes got slaughtered by the Predator like nothing anyways. That's basically the essence of what the Predator movies should be - and this does feel much more in line with that than whatever The Predator was.

Gr33n M4n

There's nothing wrong with a female protagonist. And as far as ''feminist'' characters go, characters like Ellen Ripley were the best ones. What most people are complaining about is a Mary Sue protagonist.

PAS Spinelli

"women bad" - guy in AvP Forum, y'know, the forum about 2 franchises which one features tons of female protagonists that go against the odds
Not like the best protagonist in sci-fi was a girl lmao

That aside, these are good news, I just hope they use better animatronics this time, NO MORE BROKEN JAWS AND MANDIBLES please

JungleHunter87

This could be interesting, a historical PREDATOR. But, after THE PREDATOR, I don't know if I'm ready to put my faith in this film just yet.

Let's not forget that Dutch was originally supposed to be Native American and have a spiritual journey not unlike what BIG GAME did. Of course once Arnie was cast this was scrapped. Cool to see the idea being revisited again.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 20, 2020, 11:07:07 PM
What most people are complaining about is a Mary Sue protagonist.

Ahh yes, "Mary Sue," the term coined by - checks notes - Max Landis (:-X :-X :-X) that has since been thrown at basically every and any female protagonist that an audience has a bone to pick against.

GoroPredator

'Skulls' will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

I am very happy that the franchise still has a pulse, considering it's reached it's lowest point (for now) but If that's the best they can do for their pitch then this film is dead on arrival. At least NECA can make some more kickass toys. That was the only good thing that came from Shane Black's disaster.

XENOMORPHOSIS

There is no inherent problem of a female protagonist, depends on the execution, There's been some great examples and poor examples, it's the quality of how it Tv at matters.

Jesscobb

Skulls' will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

So we're getting Native American Mulan vs predator....

GreybackElder

Wow!! I absolutely did not expect this after The Predator's poor performance. Honestly I'm expecting this to be a lower budget film. I loved the novel Big Game so hopefully it will take some cues from that. I'm hoping it's going to be as brutal as Mel Gibson's Apocalypto!! Just please no DNA splicing. Just give me a Predator or two and a hunt.
Do you think the predator will be female as well??????????

Samhain13

Samhain13

If it was announced that the next alien movie would have a man as the lead people would complain about breaking what the series is about the same way. Then again we all know that the true main character of the alien prequels is David, all I could think while I watched Covenant last time was how much it felt like Ridley loved David. And the female "leads" are just there to get him off in a weird way.

Regardless its more about how its executed, I liked Isabelle in Predators, wouldn't have minded if she had sniped a Predator with a headshot, might have preffered such death for a Predator than a sword slash. But Disney developed a history making poor female characters that just break all the rules of the established universe cus the plot they want to push demands them to be that good.

More importantly after PHG brough m'boy Dutch back I really wanted a movie set on 2025 with Dutch kicking ass while taking Predator juice to make gains, the reception over Dutch's return was great, so many commented that was what the sequels should have been about and now... its gone I guess.

Nightmare Asylum

It definitely seems like this is just going to be a simple "Predator and a hunt" type movie, which is definitely the best choice after the mess the last one made attempting to expand Predator "lore." :-X I have zero interest in an ongoing narrative in Predator movies, so this likely being a period piece is also a very good choice in my opinion.

I'm more open about this after reading the synopsis - but also still not willing to let myself get too excited.

JackThursby

JackThursby

Very happy they haven't given up on this franchise. I don't know the writer but director Dan Trachtenberg's 10 Cloverfield Lane was mostly excellent - particuarly in how it rung so much tension from a confined setting and only 3 actors. His involvement bodes well and a historical Predator movie sounds a neat way to give the franchise a fresh perspective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed