Blade Runner - Black Lotus

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 29, 2018, 06:11:39 PM

Author
Blade Runner - Black Lotus (Read 3,544 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Somehow I managed to respond to the post above yours without seeing yours underneath it. :D

Ingwar

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Any good info in that video? I stop my music for no one.  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Finally gave this interview a watch. Cannot wait to see some footage from this thing.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Mixed feelings but I don't like judging book by its cover. Might be good at the end. CGI and that music are somehow questionable.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Reminds me of the cutscenes from the old Westwood game. Of course, it all comes down to story.

Stitch

Stitch

Other than a few things (mainly design and incidental), this doesn't feel like Blade Runner to me. It looks like generic sci-fi animation, and cheap looking animation at that.
It's a shame, because I was looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll be better than that trailer implied but I have my doubts.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Just horrible, the music (wtf, are they completely clueless), the cheap animation, complete lack of atmosphere. Blade Runner dos game did it on another level in 1997.
Should be cancelled immediately.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 26, 2020, 12:15:03 PM
Alex de Campi, one of the main writers, posts some vague updates from time to time on Twitter too, which is nice.

She's also writing the graphic novel Madi: Once Upon a Time in the Future with Duncan Jones, which is set in the same universe as his films Moon and Mute.

She also wrote both Archie VS Predator comics (which I actually enjoyed and we're both hilarious and hyper violent)  :laugh:

Just watched the trailer and the animation reminds me of cutscenes for the Tekken games (my favorite fighter franchise!) specifically Tekken 4 which was a ps2 game so I could see some people thinking this looks a bit cheap. Regardless I'll certainly be watching!

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 24, 2021, 12:27:24 PM
Reminds me of the cutscenes from the old Westwood game. Of course, it all comes down to story.

Oooh dat game.. Nostalgia kickin

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Here's the opening title sequence -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-KE7Jh35o&t=59s

Got to say that I'm not keen on the choice of title track for this personally.  I'd have preferred something a bit more evocative of either of the movie soundtracks for this setting.  The last time I got put off by a music intro. choice this much was the song for the 'Star Trek: Enterprise' show!  laugh:

I imagine there will be one or two fan edits replacing it with a bit of Vangelis or Zimmer or some kind of alternative 'Techno-synth' track instead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed