Concept vs Final

Started by War Wager, Dec 21, 2007, 07:50:17 PM

Would you have preffered the concept design?

Yes
48 (42.5%)
No
51 (45.1%)
Not sure
14 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author
Concept vs Final (Read 19,972 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: megachu17 on Dec 21, 2007, 10:41:56 PM
*sigh*, whats the point of the dna reflex?

To acquire skeletal traits...? I'm still not seeing how this makes up for the PredAlien even taking the Predator's pigmentation. ???

Gacu666

Gacu666

Yeah normal aliens should be pink then.

I voted for yes. The Final product is too bulky and clumsy in my opinion.

megachu17

megachu17

its 2 adapt, just taking the mandables wont do much good, y does it tak the pigmentation and the dreads? idk, maybe because its so hot on the pred homeworld? the pigmentation(and the pred skin) may be there 2 help it survive the heat, thus, that is an adaptable trait that the predalien would tak advantage of

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Oh.  In which case;

QuoteThe Alien doesn't need help surviving. It's done just fine up until now.

The only things a Predalien needs to survive in a Predator environment is to be stronger, faster and more durable than its host.  NONE of these traits require any cosmetic differences except for maybe an increase in size... although considering that regular Aliens appear to be as strong/stronger and as fast/faster than Predators (except for Wolf of course  ::)), that might not even be required.

The Alien in 3rd film survived several seconds of being submerged in "10 tons of hot lead" and was powerful enough to leap something like 30 feet into the air.  They don't need any help from assimilating Predator traits.

megachu17

megachu17

how do u no that the atmosphere is the same where preds adapted as on earth? or the temp? ect., they take the traits 2 adapt 2 whatever the preds r already adapted 2

gameoverman

gameoverman

Really, a predalien should not have mandibles and dreads, never mind skin pigmentation.  Maybe it's needed for this new fleshy beast kind of alien, but not for the old-school biomechanical aliens.

I do like the final version better though because of the skull under the dome.  The concept design looks like another A:R style body with a total lack of detail throughout.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

teh alien can suviv in vacum ov space and can surviv in teh hott lead it doesnt need n e pred traits k

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Khan on Dec 21, 2007, 10:11:40 PM
Why does nobody like the dave dorman design? If there was an AVP in 1992 and the predalien was in it, dave dorman's design would have been picked.

I like it loads because it looks really menacing.

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 21, 2007, 10:53:06 PM
teh alien can suviv in vacum ov space and can surviv in teh hott lead it doesnt need n e pred traits k

so then porkus, tell my y the dna reflex exists?

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

the concept predalien is miles ahead of the shit design that was accepted and will sadly be onscreen soon :-[

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 21, 2007, 11:00:40 PM
the concept predalien is miles ahead of the shit design that was accepted and will sadly be onscreen soon :-[

Well for you anyway. ;)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually preferred that Japanese bust that was made by a fan that people thought was the concept back when the movie was first announced more than any of the other predalien designs I've seen so far.

After knowing of the fifty foot space jockey burster Alien in the original film.........it's hard for me to condemn any of the "hybrid" designs.  I just prefer things that don't look goofy as hell.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 21, 2007, 11:04:08 PM
Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 21, 2007, 11:00:40 PM

Well for you anyway. ;)

you must not see the light then.
don't worry i can help, this requires a plunger and a whole lotta' bacon grease.
;)

megachu17

megachu17

mor lik 19 ppl dont c the light according 2 the poll, mor than the ppl that do

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: megachu17 on Dec 21, 2007, 11:07:57 PM
mor lik 19 ppl dont c the light according 2 the poll, mor than the ppl that do

...what?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed