"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:50:41 AM

Author
"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period" (Read 7,570 times)

Vermillion

Only if it is a "atomic/nuclear" device.

whiterabbit

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 06, 2016, 10:18:38 PM
Though i'm honestly not entirely sure that makes sense. You build up and release that much energy you're going to have some kind of radiation output.
Maybe it's entirely fusion based.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 06, 2016, 06:04:17 PMIt's in the script

An unreleased piece of in-house media that is somehow more valid than a novel that actually got published...?

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 08:57:21 AM

An unreleased piece of in-house media that is somehow more valid than a novel that actually got published...?

If the novel contradicts the script, the script get the upper hand in my opinion.The script was intended, the novel was just adapted.

overthere

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 08:57:21 AM

If the novel contradicts the script, the script get the upper hand in my opinion.The script was intended, the novel was just adapted.

I'd say the movie itself is canon, no matter what the script says. There's a lot of things in the script that didn't make it to the movie or can even contradict the movie. Since the audience is not told whether or not the explosion is radioactive, and the book later says it is, I'd say the book has the upper hand.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 12:36:03 PMIf the novel contradicts the script, the script get the upper hand in my opinion.The script was intended, the novel was just adapted.

Well that's kinda daft.

I'd take something officially published and released to the public over something never meant for public consumption that's just sitting in a draw and will never be read by 99.9% of people any day.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 12:59:47 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 12:36:03 PMIf the novel contradicts the script, the script get the upper hand in my opinion.The script was intended, the novel was just adapted.

Well that's kinda daft.

I'd take something officially published and released to the public over something never meant for public consumption that's just sitting in a draw and will never be read by 99.9% of people any day.

The screenplays are meant to public consumption, because they and the final cut are 95% identical.
I think what the Thomas Bros wrote is more credible than Hawke's adaptation.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 02:16:18 PMThe screenplays are meant to public consumption...

No they aren't. If they were, they'd be published and made available to buy in shops. Like, say, a novelisation.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 02:16:18 PM...they and the final cut are 95% identical.

95% identical... except for when it comes to this point you're trying to argue :laugh:

Not to mention that line probably wasn't dropped by accident.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 02:24:15 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 02:16:18 PMThe screenplays are meant to public consumption...

No they aren't. If they were, they'd be published and made available to buy in shops. Like, say, a novelisation.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 02:16:18 PM...they and the final cut are 95% identical.

95% identical... except for when it comes to this point you're trying to argue :laugh:

Not to mention that line probably wasn't dropped by accident.

Hawke 's novel is based on 3 screenplays written by the creators of the Predator, the Thomas Brothers.So when you're saying the novel is more official than the script,because it was sold in shops, it's hilarious  :D.
See if there is something in the movie that need to be clarified, or an unanswered question, the screenplays can provide a good answer.Sometimes
scenes are cut and not available, does that make these scenes irrelevant because they're not in the extras ? Nope.
Now the novel got some things right because they were taken from the screenplay, when the predator enters the taxidermy shop and admire the stuffed animals for example, so according to your twisted logic, I should believe that scene because it's in the published novel but not from the first draft  :laugh: but yet Hawke took the scenes from the screenplay.

The Thomas brothers intended the predator bomb to not have any radioactive fallout, and if nothing in the movie contradicts that, so there is no radioactive fallout.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 02:46:12 PMHawke 's novel is based on 3 screenplays written by the creators of the Predator, the Thomas Brothers.So when you're saying the novel is more official than the script,because it was sold in shops, it's hilarious  :D.

:laugh: Yes, how utterly stupid of me, relying on an officially released piece of media instead of a script that wasn't actually adhered to on this point when they made the film!

By your logic, the cut opening to Alien: Isolation must be canon because it's in the game's script files, even though it was removed from the game itself.

overthere

overthere

Wait, Predator enters a shop and admires stuffed animals? That's....pretty cool.

HuDa, what's in the cut opening?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Feb 08, 2016, 06:08:18 PMHuDa, what's in the cut opening?

MattFiler posted about it here. Basically the crew of the Torrens get woken up early in response to a distress signal (exactly like the Nostromo crew) and find a derelict ship drifting in space. Ripley goes aboard to check it out and finds it's full of dead people, way more than the ship was designed to carry, and eventually learns that it came from Sevastopol. Then the ship starts breaking apart and Ripley has to leg it back to the Torrens, and may or may not see hints of an Alien on board as she flees.

It would've been superfluous but even with just the cut script segments to go by it sounds like it would've been a really creepy sequence.

overthere

overthere

Nice atmosphere in the game, really captures the original movie atmosphere, but the Alien is really annoying.
I wish they make a Predator game like this.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: overthere on Feb 08, 2016, 06:08:18 PM
Wait, Predator enters a shop and admires stuffed animals? That's....pretty cool.
HuDa, what's in the cut opening?

Yup The predator walks, invisible among the people in the streets (two guys even bump when he passes between them, they don't see each other and bump.They start to throw some insults.
Then Harrigan goes to the phone booth, the pred spies his conversation, and after that it enters the shop and seems to understand
that these stuffed animals are like his trophies.He admires a stuffed lion.Then he follow Harrigan to the cemetary, drops the necklace,
and goes to the sub station to find Jerry and Leona, he scans the comutters and find them.cut to, the movie. ;)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2016, 04:19:04 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 08, 2016, 02:46:12 PMHawke 's novel is based on 3 screenplays written by the creators of the Predator, the Thomas Brothers.So when you're saying the novel is more official than the script,because it was sold in shops, it's hilarious  :D.

:laugh: Yes, how utterly stupid of me, relying on an officially released piece of media instead of a script that wasn't actually adhered to on this point when they made the film!

By your logic, the cut opening to Alien: Isolation must be canon because it's in the game's script files, even though it was removed from the game itself.

Nobody said you are stupid :D, I'm just saying you're wrong.And don't put words in my mouth, never said scripts and novels are canonical.
It's for internet nerds fights and I couldn't waste my time for this.Just saying the informations from the scripts and the novel are interesting and sometimes useful.And if the scripts states one thing and the novel states another thing, I'll go with the script.

overthere

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 09, 2016, 11:51:20 AM
Yup The predator walks, invisible among the people in the streets (two guys even bump when he passes between them, they don't see each other and bump.They start to throw some insults.
Then Harrigan goes to the phone booth, the pred spies his conversation, and after that it enters the shop and seems to understand
that these stuffed animals are like his trophies.He admires a stuffed lion.Then he follow Harrigan to the cemetary, drops the necklace,
and goes to the sub station to find Jerry and Leona, he scans the comutters and find them.cut to, the movie. ;)

Sounds like a great scene. I wish it was in the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed