Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 319,114 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The real canon is the friends you made along the way.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

I can't see this film showing us any real indication it's actually the first time the Predators come to hunt on Earth, unless there's a specific narrative reason from the Predator's POV, which I doubt we'll get.

skhellter

skhellter

the predator is going to turn to the camera and go

"you know.. this is the first time any of us has ever been here. :) Now let's collect some Skulls!"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's what I've been saying! And I doubt the Comanche will be making such claims either, so I think this is much ado about nothing.

Quote from: Clubroot on Oct 09, 2021, 10:45:33 PM
@Wweyland

If we don't see a trailer or teaser by Christmas of this year, then I believe they are going to release a trailer near or close to release.

Yeah, if nothing changes from what Marc Toberoff indicated in court and Skulls is indeed released on Hulu, trailers don't usually hit very far in advance of release.

Wysps

Wysps

It'd probably be a difficult point to get across without some sort of dialogue between multiple Predators.  Though I could see it being this particular Predator's first time reaching Earth, which wouldn't be that far fetched - especially if we're discounting comics/novels.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 11, 2021, 06:58:18 PM
It'd probably be a difficult point to get across without some sort of dialogue between multiple Predators.

They'd have to give us those "The Predator" subtitles again...

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 11, 2021, 07:52:59 PM
It'd probably be a difficult point to get across without some sort of dialogue between multiple Predators.

Please no

Wysps

Wysps

Mercy  :o

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I fail to see how subtitles are a problem given this has been a thing even before The Predator, and how they sound is even similar of how Spartan spoke in AVP 2010. It's not new guys, it's been that way at minimum a decade.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Because it f**king sucks.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 11, 2021, 09:44:01 PM
I fail to see how subtitles are a problem given this has been a thing even before The Predator, and how they sound is even similar of how Spartan spoke in AVP 2010. It's not new guys, it's been that way at minimum a decade.
The EU can get away with a lot of stuff, doesn't mean people want it in the movies.

Or that they liked it in the EU to begin with.

Wysps

Wysps

I personally don't have a problem with subtitles. Could they be done well?  Potentially.  But The Predator just wasn't it, imo.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 11, 2021, 09:46:06 PM
Because it f**king sucks.

I just love your reasoning sometimes

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah so do I.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I will push down my cautious optimism for a moment and say I can totally see the film go that route cuz Hollywood these days, and as TQ said, its going to suck. I can't see this be handled with style and class writing. I think about it like this, say if the film goes the Apocalypto route and had the tribe talk in their native language with subtitles for it, this just gives the prefect excuse to give subs to Predator dialogue too. I can see this being used that way.

I just hope not and just pray that this is just a story of a historical hunt in the past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed