Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 158,480 times)

Kailem

Glad to see this finally being announced officially! And with five scenarios included too! :o That's a lot more than I was expecting for this being a source book and all (not that I'm exactly an expert on how many of that sort of thing you typically get in source books :laugh: )!

Just like the core rules it sounds like it's going to be a good read from both a gameplay and lore standpoint. Now that I've most definitely been bitten by the rpg bug, I'll be pre-ordering this for sure!

Xiggz456

Cool I'll certainly preorder for the art book alone! Still have yet to play (thanks Hicks for the Discord link btw) but I couldn't help but finally read through the Destroyer of Worlds scenario. Some more references to the EU include General Spears (Nightmare Asylum) being known for his affinity with bio weapons as well as "grown" soldiers and a Venture Corp pleasure Synthetic (Prototype).

Gr33n M4n

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Effekt's Actual Plays of the original Destroyer of Worlds before the amendments: https://www.effektap.org/s5/1

Mr. Clemens

Hi all,

I missed all the playthrough videos that have been posted in this thread because I didn't have time to watch any of 'em, but now I do. Trouble is, by this point there's too many to choose from! Can anybody recommend one of the better ones?

Kailem

I avoided watching them when they went up since I figured there was a decent chance I might end up getting the game (which I ultimately did) and didn't want to have the scenarios spoiled ahead of time. Hope's Last Day is the introductory scenario though, so maybe one of those?

That video with Andrew Gaska talking about the Colonial Marines sourcebook was great! Lots of cool little details in there, like bringing the Kenner marine vehicles into the game! As far as I'm concerned this man is doing the Lord's work by bringing in as much Kenner stuff as possible! :D

It's already been mentioned that the next adventure will be "sense of wonder"-themed, but it sounds like we might be getting an explorer-type sourcebook to go along with it too, as well as one for androids specifically at some point in the future. That could be interesting, especially if it features expanded info on combat androids as is implied here.

Interesting to hear that we'll be getting some new creatures in this one too. I guess it makes sense since not everything is alien with a capital "A" and bug hunts are a thing, but that little tease of a creature that's been hinted at/implied in all the original movies but never seen is intriguing. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for an Alien King on that one (I know it's controversial, but I've always liked the idea, be it Rogue, Kenner or Sideshow/Legacy figure).

Either way I pre-ordered my copy earlier and I'm really looking forward to diving in to it whenever it eventually arrives!

Corporal Hicks

Going on live stream shortly!

Nightmare Asylum

Finished up a run of Chariot of the Gods that had been going on for a good few months now. Had a ton of fun. I was Wilson in that one.

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 06, 2021, 05:40:31 AM
Finished up a run of Chariot of the Gods that had been going on for a good few months now. Had a ton of fun. I was Wilson in that one.

:o

The Cruentus

Now I am thinkng about cast away and the supporting character known as Wilson....a damn ball.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 06, 2021, 06:30:19 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 06, 2021, 05:40:31 AM

:o

We only really got in around two-three sessions a month, acts one and three took two sessions each, and we wound up spending a lot of time exploring in act two so that one took quite a while. :D

It has also been an online game, and for whatever reason, I tend to find that playing tabletop RPGs online tends to take longer than doing so in person.

BlueMarsalis79

How many expansions are there now?

Nightmare Asylum

To the best of my knowledge, what's currently out there includes the core rulebook (which includes the "Hope's Last Day" scenario), "Chariot of the Gods," "Destroyer of Worlds," and the upcoming "Colonial Marines."

BlueMarsalis79

What's destroyer of worlds?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed