AvP 2010 in 2023

Started by David, Mar 18, 2023, 11:38:33 AM

Author
AvP 2010 in 2023 (Read 4,775 times)

David

David

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 19, 2023, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Mar 19, 2023, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: David on Mar 18, 2023, 11:38:33 AMIs it normal to play the game in 2023?
Why would it not be normal?

It just isn't! >:(
Are you serious or are you joking?

Wweyland

Wweyland

You can even hide your Steam profile from anyone judging your normality.

David

David

It was meant to me?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: David on Mar 20, 2023, 10:17:16 AMIt was meant to me?
Meant for anyone who is interested.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Don't take us seriously David.

David

David

I watched videos on youtube and the game still looks good. Even though it is already a 13 years old game.

David

David

It is still the newest game where we can play as a Predator against Aliens or play as an Alien. So maybe it is still worth of playing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The game is still great. Always was imho. It still plays somewhat different from the other AvPs, but once you get over the learning curve, I find it pretty fluid and visceral. There's normally an active server, but when Adam and I had a look last night there wasn't anyone on unfortunately.

David

David

But it's definitely a worse game than Predator Hunting Grounds or Aliens Fireteam Elite. At least that's how I see it when I watch videos on YouTube. I haven't played any of the mentioned games yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hunting Grounds is more fluid with the Predator gameplay IMHO. And Fireteam Elite has far more long-term content to keep you playing. I find 2010 has much more tension in it though.

David

David

Isn t Aliens Fireteam Elite a little boring?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Can be, I got a ton of fun out of it though, and hope to play it even more in the future with more expansion packs.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm curious as to why you come here to ask permission from strangers to enjoy things it seems like you're interested in and have already purchased before asking about, to be honest, David. You're allowed to have fun and try things without anyone else's approval. For what it's worth, I hope you like the films and game(s) you've bought.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: David on Mar 20, 2023, 09:17:02 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 19, 2023, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Mar 19, 2023, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: David on Mar 18, 2023, 11:38:33 AMIs it normal to play the game in 2023?
Why would it not be normal?

It just isn't! >:(
Are you serious or are you joking?
David, I think the problem is nobody really knows what to make of the question. Asking if something is normal automatically implies that it might not be.

Since everyone's definition of normal is different (and, since everyone is different, anything that by strict definition is 'normal' is automatically abnormal), there's no real way of answering your question.

AVP2010 is still playable on current systems, and therefore if you want to play it, by all means go ahead.

Also, @Local Trouble is aptly named. He is the local who causes trouble. In this case, troubling your mind with his answer.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

For the record, I still play Alien Trilogy once in a while, a game that's now like 27 years old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed