"Six more movies coming out" Say´s Ridley Scott

Started by Bruno_People, Mar 08, 2017, 10:38:37 PM

Author
"Six more movies coming out" Say´s Ridley Scott (Read 3,205 times)

Local Trouble

On the contrary, I find that to be quite common.

Go play A:CM.

Alionic

I have no problem with six more Alien movies as long as Ridley Scott is directing them. Prometheus and The Martian proved that Ridley has a sharp eye for unique aesthetics in the Sci-fi genre. I believe he just said that he enjoys doing this genre more than anything else. Scott incorporating themes and elements about life, evolution, creation, etc. into the franchise gives it renewed energy as well IMO.

Bring it!

SiL

I'd have no problem with six more if Scott wasn't directing them. I honestly think he's taking it in a bad direction. Exploring the origin of the Alien is an interesting idea. But he's making the entire franchise the equivalent of the result of your neighbour f**king around in his backyard last month and itl leads to tragedy.

This isn't a big, mysterious universe. It's just Garry down the road running an experiment in his shed and it all just sort of goes horribly wrong.

It's getting to Chewie-knows-Yoda levels of incestuous.

Alionic

Disagree. It would have become genuinely stale if he kept turning out Alien movies that consisted of nothing more than the xenomorph killing people in dark hallways. At least with Scott, these are guaranteed to be well made.

Local Trouble

Ridley Scott is 79. Does anyone think he has six more movies in him?  Even if he does, does anyone think he wants them all to be Alien sequels?

windebieste

I can see Scott handing over the reigns to another director but the production management side of things are now well entrenched in the Scott Free camp. 

Even if he dies this week, he's stamped this series as His from now on.  I don't see Scott Free relinquishing responsibilities on this Property any time soon.

-Windebieste.

Leave It To Weaver

I know some people dont want Sigourney to be in any of the future Alien movies but I would love to see her and Scott collaborate one more time before either of them leave this earth. Or me for that matter!

BishopShouldGo

They certainly are making it a big mysterious universe. Thank goodness.

And thank goodness the androids are for the first time in the franchise at the center stage what with Prometheus And Covenant. The android is the damn main character instead of being in the background! Love it.

Alionic

Quote from: Leave It To Weaver on Mar 11, 2017, 03:21:12 AM
I know some people dont want Sigourney to be in any of the future Alien movies but I would love to see her and Scott collaborate one more time before either of them leave this earth. Or me for that matter!

Sigourney should pass on this. I hope she doesn't make the same mistake that Arnold did with Terminator Genisys. Let a new generation of actors take over.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 11, 2017, 03:47:28 AM

And thank goodness the androids are for the first time in the franchise at the center stage what with Prometheus And Covenant. The android is the damn main character instead of being in the background! Love it.

I hope a living Engineer at least has a cameo in Covenant, too. That ruined city of theirs which was briefly glimpsed at in the latest trailer raised my curiosity about their backstory tenfold.

SiL

Quote from: Alionic on Mar 11, 2017, 02:34:22 AM
Disagree. It would have become genuinely stale if he kept turning out Alien movies that consisted of nothing more than the xenomorph killing people in dark hallways.
I never said that was the alternative.

Re Bishop
No, they're not. The jockey isn't some mysterious ancient dead thing, it's a bald white guy in a suit. The Alien isn't some lovecraftian nightmare, it's an android's science project. Everything that set the original movies in motion happened twenty years before the first film, directly as the result of human actions.

There's nothing big about that universe. There's no real mystery. 'Why did the Engineers want to kill us'is less interesting than 'What are they, where did they come from? ' but they answered that with 'Us, from a little while away in space.'

DaddyYautja

so this is why the Neill Blomkamp movie isnt coming out?

Cause Ridley just wants to sit on this for a long time for some reason?

windebieste

You mean, the man who gave us Ripley in the first place and has already gone on record as approving of Blomkamp's script? 

I don't understand the problem. 

-Windebieste.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 11, 2017, 07:13:23 AM
so this is why the Neill Blomkamp movie isnt coming out?

Cause Ridley just wants to sit on this for a long time for some reason?

Scott was/is signed-on as producer on that and said the script looked good as Winde mentioned above. I don't think he deliberately torpedoed Blomkamp's film.

PierreVW

This is false.

Sir Ridley Scott is directing 2 MORE AFTER ALIEN: COVENANT(3D).

NOTHING MORE.

In other interview, Sir Ridley talked about 3 OTHER PROJECT HE LOVES:

1.- THE CARTEL: A huge Movie with Leonardo DiCaprio.

2.- THE FORCE: A huge Gangster movie. Like TRAINING DAY but bigger.

3.- WRAITHS OF THE BROKEN LAND: AN EPIC WESTERN.

whiterabbit

Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 13, 2017, 03:00:29 AM
This is false.

Sir Ridley Scott is directing 2 MORE AFTER ALIEN: COVENANT(3D).

NOTHING MORE.

In other interview, Sir Ridley talked about 3 OTHER PROJECT HE LOVES:

1.- THE CARTEL: A huge Movie with Leonardo DiCaprio.

2.- THE FORCE: A huge Gangster movie. Like TRAINING DAY but bigger.

3.- WRAITHS OF THE BROKEN LAND: AN EPIC WESTERN.
Just put Alien in front of all of those and Ridley has a new Alien Trilogy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed