"I copied everything I did in Galaxy Quest from Bill Paxton in Aliens"

Started by Pn2501, Dec 01, 2010, 12:08:27 AM

Author
"I copied everything I did in Galaxy Quest from Bill Paxton in Aliens" (Read 1,821 times)

Pn2501

Sam Rockwell talking in relation to his upcoming role in Cowboys and Aliens,

"In between shooting up aliens in the new Jon Favreau Alien Western C&A, Sam Rockwell shared a little about his character, Doc, "I kind of serve as the Jimmy Stewart, Bill Paxton of the piece," Rockwell explained. " I'm sort of like sincere but I have those moments of levity." And after bringing up Paxton, he found it only right to give past credit where it was due. "I copied everything I did in Galaxy Quest from Bill Paxton in Aliens, I owe him some credit."" - io9

Sharp Sticks

Mr. Domino

But his character was named after Guy Vardeman, the actor who played regular extra Darian Wallace in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and served as a photo double for most of the principle actors at various points, including Gates McFadden! Brent Spiner even refused to use anyone else, and Vardeman later went on to briefly head up a lot of paramount's marketing outreach concerning the Trek brand, including being their liaison with Decipher for the Star Trek Collectible Card Game, thus leading to Darian Wallace getting his own card in the Premiere set.

Just, you know, in case anyone was interested.

Kimarhi

I like both actors quite a bit.  Sam Rockwell rocked Moon.

SM

Space Sweeper

And stole Iron Man 2 from Robert Downey Jr.

SpaceMarines

And has danced. Often. And greatly.

Spoiler

[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Who is the guy in the background doubled over laughing at Sam and Jimmy?

edit: LL COOL J.

ShadowPred

Hold the f**k up, Rockwell was in f**king GALAXY QUEST??!!!

Kimarhi

Galaxy Quest is when I first became aware of his greatness.

Nightmare Asylum

I had no idea he was in Galaxy Quest (been a while) or that he would be in Cowboys and Aliens! I loved him in Iron Man 2!

Corporal Hicks

Had no idea he was in Galaxy Quest. I used to love that film - haven't watched it in a while though. Might just have to watch Moon and Galaxy Quest tonight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed