Cold Iron Studio's Aliens: Fireteam Announced For Summer 2021!

Started by Darkness, Mar 02, 2021, 03:09:06 PM

Author
Cold Iron Studio's Aliens: Fireteam Announced For Summer 2021! (Read 26,789 times)

Vermillion

Just don't make it half a Pulse Rifle magazine to kill one warrior like in A:CM.

Samhain13

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 02, 2021, 03:09:06 PM
You'll meet 20 enemy types, including 11 different Xenomorphs from Facehuggers to Praetorians, each designed with their own intelligence to ambush, outsmart and kill marines.

Ha my Praetorians are back. Get rekt haters.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, definitely getting the Left 4 Dead vibe here. Like Left 4 Dead meets Destiny's strikes/weapon unlocks, dressed up to look like Aliens: Colonial Marines. None of this sounds right for an Alien game at all to me, to be completely honest. Even in a Marine-focused game, horror should be at the forefront, in my opinion. This is almost like an arcade shooter or something.

Drukathi

It looks like this game has chestburstered out of ACM multiplayer. Looks solid. Better than I expected. A bit surprised by the third-person view - I thought it would be fps.

For the small and humble Alien3 community, take a look at the Runner. Looks like in the movie! I am also delighted with the many new species of xenomorphs. I would like to get some neomorphs and hostile Engineers.

The only question is maps. How many will there be and will they be made in a different style?

1) Cosmic - Nostromo / Sevastopol.
2) Colony - Hadley's Hope.
3) Factory - Fury 161.
4) Maps with wild nature.

And God bless those people who decided to put it on Steam.

SuperiorIronman

Why release an Alien game that seems to be based off of available information having less content than Hunting Grounds did at launch while Hunting Grounds is still active? Like sure you got a campaign but this is going to be as much a story as World War Z. All this is going to do is eat sales for one or the other. Especially bad since one of those franchises has a potential movie tie-in at about that time next year.

The footage while potentially not reflective of the build currently also doesn't inspire confidence in a big title since it will need to run on no less than 5 systems. Hunting Grounds to its credit had a very small development window and only running on two platforms whereas this has seemingly been in development for a few years by this point and apparently still in Alpha. Something is very wrong here.

BlueMarsalis79

Types I can think of:

Facehugger, Chestburster, Drone, (Maybe Weaver) Warrior, Runner, (Maybe Spitter) Defender, Praetorian Guard, Praetorian Charger, (Maybe Exploder) and Queen.

HumanPredator

No Switch version, thats fine.

Evanus

Dayum, graphics look pretty awesome. It's multiplayer only, right?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 02, 2021, 04:06:35 PM
Dayum, graphics look pretty awesome. It's multiplayer only, right?

Can be single player, but in that Left 4 Dead style where you're just running and gunning with AI teammates if you aren't playing with other people. Seems that this game is built for that sort of co-op experience, rather than a real campaign.

Drukathi

seattle24

No paddle tails!

Graphics look cold and crisp. Nice.

Hopefully this turns out to be a nice little surprise.

Richman678

Any word on special editions yet??? I'm a sucker for those.

Gameplay looks good. Gunplay and animations too.

LV-12986

Mr.Skinsuit

This sounds SO GOOD! Exactly what I want, None of that first person shooter garbage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed