Aliens/Predator VS TCG

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 18, 2015, 09:26:58 AM

Author
Aliens/Predator VS TCG (Read 19,949 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finally gave this game a go last night. Played 2 games as the marine, my buddy playing the Aliens. You know what, it was a surprisingly well put together game that did require some well made plays and thinking. I'm quite eager to play some more actually and build my own deck (used the recommended decklist in the rulebook). I do feel that you might need 2 lots of the box to really make sure of it though.

I think you're going to be building around the main characters and to do that effectively you need more of certain things (like the Queen wants a deck made of lots of swarm characters that are all the same character name, the Alien Ripley wants just about all Locations that give Humanity, etc).

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

I got it over Thanksgiving weekend as an early Christmas present since my parents were visiting. I haven't had a chance to open it or play yet but I look forward to it.

Glad to hear you liked the game Hicks. I was kind of wondering about deck construction and if there were pre-made decks or a recommended list type of thing. I will have to see what kind of cards there are and think how I would build a deck once I get a chance to go through it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was asking Upper Deck about any future expansions and apparently the Predator expansion is currently slated for release August.

QuoteVs System 2PCG: Predator is scheduled to release at this year's Gen Con in August.

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Cool, I look forward to it. Even though my game got put away while still in shrink wrap and forgotten.   :-[  I hope to bring it out one of these days soon.

NeoXenoPred

NeoXenoPred

It looked good. I will try it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Upper Deck has been previewing the new Predator expansion. Unlike the Legendary Encounters, the VS Predator expansion includes Predators.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2017/08/vs-system-2pcg-the-predator-battles-preview-the-prey/

http://upperdeckblog.com/2017/08/vs-system-2pcg-the-predator-battles-preview-the-predators/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://upperdeckstore.com/vs-system-2pcg-the-predator-battles.html

Looks like the Predator expansion has been released.

Big E

Big E

I wonder if this is compatible with the Alien battles expansion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is. You can have a Predator deck fighting an Alien deck! :D

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Damn I got the Alien version awhile back but haven't gotten to play it yet. Guess I better hurry up since the Predator version is already out.   :P

Kailem

Kailem

I don't have any VS sets, but seeing those cards definitely makes me want a Legendary Encounters expansion that includes/features Predators. Is VS solely player vs player, or can it be played solo/co-op like LE can?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There is a Predator expansion for LE! ;D It's rock solid.

Kailem

Kailem

I mean an expansion for the Predator LE featuring content from Predators, since the base game only features stuff from Predator and Predator 2. Unless they snuck one would while I wasn't looking. ;) But yeah re-reading my post again I can see I didn't word it as clearly as I could have.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I did wonder if that's what you meant. I think I read somewhere they weren't doing any Predator expansions, unfortunately. Don't take my word on that, though.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I read something similar. I'm still hoping that's not true since they obviously still have content to draw from (or just make up their own, as they did with the Aliens expansion) and I also think the Predator LE is fantastic, but I guess even if they were planning one it probably wouldn't be released any time soon given that the Aliens expansion didn't come out all that long ago.

Still, if we can get a new Predator movie there's hope that anything can happen! :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed