UK Advertising Starts

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 04, 2008, 08:04:29 PM

Author
UK Advertising Starts (Read 2,184 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Just saw the first television advert, here in the UK, on the television channel, Sky 1.

It wasn't much. Just the guy who holds the Predator gun looking up fearfully at the Alien crawling above (the scene where, according to previous advertising, the Alien gets its head blown off). The screen then flashes away before anything happens, revealing the logo.

Have to say, it looks much better on a larger scale than the You Tube stuff. :)

killzonewith bladesandteet

I think you will find the look and the feel is not as bad as you had been led to believe. The fights I think we're much more realistic in pace compared to the first movie

Master Chief

Master Chief

Are you even excited about watching the movie?  I'm pretty sure you know happens...

Otnip

Otnip

I made a fake Xbox live account and said I was from the U.K to get the free AVPR gamer pictures they have  :D

They should have done that type of advertising in the US... Would have got a lot of people into the theaters. Some people are so busy playing Xbox that they would have never seen the TV spots...

meanstreak

meanstreak

can you capture the gamer pics and put them on the net?  I don't have an X-Box but would like to see them!

back on topic I saw the same ad on sky 1 today too.  Looking forward to seeing the film on the 18th but having a hard time avoiding all the spoilers!!  It's taken all my willpower not to watch the first 5 minutes of the film that is all over the net.  :-X

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 04, 2008, 08:10:59 PM
Are you even excited about watching the movie?  I'm pretty sure you know happens...

I know some, but have kept myself away from the majority of clips and stuff. I figured out how it basically ended, very early on, from the initial adverts, but am still interested in how certain scenes come to pass and the like.

Even if I end up thinking that the film, as a whole, could be done better, it should still help to stimulate ideas of how particular scenes could have been improved. :)

'Excited', no. Never really was. Interested, yes.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Do stay away from any internet clips. The marketing really screwed up.

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: meanstreak on Jan 04, 2008, 09:30:41 PM
can you capture the gamer pics and put them on the net?  I don't have an X-Box but would like to see them!

back on topic I saw the same ad on sky 1 today too.  Looking forward to seeing the film on the 18th but having a hard time avoiding all the spoilers!!  It's taken all my willpower not to watch the first 5 minutes of the film that is all over the net.  :-X

They are the teaser posters that show Wolf and an individual alien. The ones with the kind of blue color to them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed