New Prometheus TV Spot Engineer too Short?

Started by MisterBerserker, May 28, 2012, 05:30:55 AM

Author
New Prometheus TV Spot Engineer too Short? (Read 7,414 times)

MisterBerserker

MisterBerserker

After watching the new Prometheus TV Spot http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xquurx_www-prometheusforum-net_shortfilms#from=embediframe I'm kind of questioning the actually size of the space jockey or engineer in Prometheus since in the trailer you can see a large bulking humanoid(most likely an engineer) attack and pushing Elizabeth Shaw to the wall. The creature itself is about a good 7 to 9 feet tall, but what was different was the fact that in the 1979 Alien film the fossilized engineer founded by the Nostromo crew was about at least 15 feet tall. I made some speculations: 1. the engineer seen in the trailer was that of a fairly young creature.  2. the engineer themselves since they are bio-engineer, can alter the size of their body and be able to morph and change shape and size.
What do you guys think?

escroto

The fleeing engineer in the hologram that passes through David sizes around 3 meters tall (Fassbender is around 2 meters tall) putting even the old Giger's alien (2'50 meters tall / +8 foot tall) to shame, so I think we've got already our 13 foot engineers similar to the old jockey, right?.

I agree the one in the trailer that attacks Shaw sizes around 2- 2'10 meters tall only. We'll see why in the film. Maybe not a pure jockey at all.

Quote from: escroto on May 28, 2012, 07:50:42 AM
The fleeing engineer in the hologram that passes through David sizes around 3 meters tall (Fassbender is around 2 meters tall) putting even the old Giger's alien (2'50 meters tall / +8 foot tall) to shame, so I think we've got already our 13 foot engineers similar to the old jockey, right?.

I agree the one in the trailer that attacks Shaw sizes around 2- 2'10 meters tall only. We'll see why in the film. Maybe not a pure jockey at all.

Lol wut? Fassbender is 180-183cm or 5'11"-6ft tall.

escroto

Fassbender is around 1'91-93 meters tall, or do you think that scenes like when loathing Vickers is pushing him to the wall are not doctored at all :laugh:, she's a f**king smurf compared to him

X-men new generation director had also some "little" trouble to make Doctor X "Xavier" to not look like a dwarf anytime he was next to Fassbender (Magneto), something happening many times in the movie btw

Fassbender is quite an impressive dude, not that towering like Ian White, but well he's almost there...

lol wut.., rofl

Quote from: escroto on May 28, 2012, 08:37:25 AM
Fassbender is around 1'91-93 meters tall, or do you think that scenes like when loathing Vickers is pushing him to the wall are not doctored at all :laugh:, she's a f**king smurf compared to him

X-men new generation director had also some "little" trouble to make Doctor X "Xavier" to not look like a dwarf anytime he was next to Fassbender (Magneto), something happening many times in the movie btw

Fassbender is quite an impressive dude, not that towering like Ian White, but well he's almost there...

lol wut.., rofl

CelebHeights: 5'11", Imdb: 6'0", et al.

Cory

According to IMDB, Fassbender is 6 ft tall.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: MisterBerserker on May 28, 2012, 05:30:55 AM2. the engineer themselves since they are bio-engineer, can alter the size of their body and be able to morph and change shape and size.
What do you guys think?
Yea just like the Zentradi in Macross right? I must admit it would be awesome to see a giant engineer take a lead pipe to the Prometheus. Especially for all those who moaned at Shaw with the ax.

I'm hoping the Space jockey does grow a bit. At the moment he barely comes up to Klan Klang's knees.

http://i50.tinypic.com/4sjvjk.jpg

Qwertify

It is hard to tell because 1) they used children in the open shot of the set in the original Alien to make the set look bigger and 2) that jockey had no real visible legs and the other coverings on the head and arms may be quite big/thick making the jockey inside look a lot bigger than we might think. And of course, the other things you mentioned are possible too, so it is just hard to really pin down where the sizes should lie and why.

Valaquen

They're 11ft tall according to L'Ecran Fantastique. The Queen puppet in Aliens was 14ft. Pretty big.

Eva

Quote from: escroto on May 28, 2012, 08:37:25 AM

Even taking high heels into consideration and all, calling Theron a smurf compared to Fassbender, ahem...  :P

Besides, I don't really care about the height issue - I care about what it looks like in the finished film, not some arbitrary number... 8-9ft tall engineers would be my best guess...

Zenzucht

New Alien movie: $125 million.

Fans (with trailer based knowledge) bitching about Engineer height: priceless.

:'(

Aceburster

I dont care how short/tall they are as long as they dont look like fat bodybuilders in rubber suits... been way too much of that in recent years ... too much... ;_;

escroto

Quote from: Valaquen on May 28, 2012, 11:53:09 AM
They're 11ft tall according to L'Ecran Fantastique. The Queen puppet in Aliens was 14ft. Pretty big.
well, then 11 feet is more than good I'd say to OP. This already means more taller than the old classic aliens, which is towering enough imo.

So the aliens are now the dwarves compared to their "lords" lol. It is fun when you think about It actually

mastermoon

Have you people ever ruled out that Space Jockies mosty likely vary in size like humans.

The Space Jockey in Alien must have gigantism.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Valaquen on May 28, 2012, 11:53:09 AM

Pretty sure that the Engineer characters are 9feet tall accoridng to another source.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed