Problem with Carl Erik Rinsch

Started by Ja, Jun 09, 2009, 02:00:52 PM

Author
Problem with Carl Erik Rinsch (Read 17,720 times)

Ja

Ja

Last month is was revealed that commercial director Carl Erik Rinsch was attached to direct a remake of Alien. We have since learned that it is more of a prequel than a remake. I was one of the few people actually interested in Rinsch's involvement. Rinsch's commercials show an amazing sense of imagination, visual effects artistry and composition (we've profiled his amazing commercials on the site). Ridley Scott is said to be involved with producing the sequel, which leads us to believe it, at very least, has to be better than the last two Alien vs. Predator films. But apparently 20th Century Fox isn't happy with the choice of director. According to Entertainment Weekly (via playlist), Fox has yet to approve Rinsch for the prequel, even though Tony and Ridley Scott have given the filmmaker final approval. Fox apparently wants Ridley to return to helm the movie, which seems very unlikely at this point. To complicate things further, EW claims that Rinsch is not only Scott's protege, a commercial director for Scott's company RSA, but he is also romantically involved with Ridley's daughter Jordan. So basically, he's "in the family."

I'm not sure that Rinsch will produce an Alien film on the level of Scott's original or James Cameron's sequel, but I do know that he's better than 99% of other possible choices. Fox needs to learn to give their "artists" more creative control. The movie studio's constant "micro-managing" and "second guessing" has been blamed for the studio's trail of lackluster film releases.

seems like a good horse to bet on, and with the Scott's at the helm of the ship, why not just step back and see what the talented artists might develop?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/09/fox-wants-ridley-scott-to-direct-the-alien-prequel-and-not-carl-erik-rinsch/

Übermensch

f**king Fox, they have to screw everything up.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jun 09, 2009, 02:39:48 PM
What did they crew up?
They didn't approve him so far, they want Ridley to also direct this, i wouldn't call that a bad thing.

Now get McTiernan to also direct Predators and we're all happy.

That Yellow Alien

For once, Fox is in the right. I would rather have Ridley direct.

ShadowPred

Did Rothman die? Because I don't see why they would start acting smart right now. Oh well, guess my feelings on another alien film not getting made might come true.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Yeah. I think given the choice between Ridley Scott and any other director, we all know who would get our vote.

Aeus

This is pretty interesting.

Not only does it sound like Fox have taken their heads out of their asses, but it also maybe means Ridley just saw his dying franchise as an easy way to give the guy shafting his daughter a chance at making it big. :-\

wmmvrrvrrmm

If Rinsch makes the movie as if he's Ridley's robot, I'll be happy enough

Corporal Hicks

I think we're good either way. Rinsch looked really talented.

Darkness

Darkness

I thought Ridley Scott already had various directing projects in the works.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 09, 2009, 06:34:46 PM
I thought Ridley Scott already had various directing projects in the works.
That's right.
If they want Ridley to direct this that means we will get the Prequel in like 5 years or so, or maybe even later.

Spidey3121

Interesting... Perhaps FOX realizes they can't afford to f**k this one up if they want it to succeed. While Carl Rinsch commercials did look very interesting it will be much easier to market if Ridley is on board as director.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Scott is producing more movies than directing, so it wouldnt be impossible for him to fit it in his schedule.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 09, 2009, 03:52:14 PM
Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jun 09, 2009, 02:39:48 PM
What did they crew up?
They didn't approve him so far, they want Ridley to also direct this, i wouldn't call that a bad thing.

Now get McTiernan to also direct Predators and we're all happy.

I agree! Ridley Scott directing the Prequel to Alien is a good thing...

And if McTiernan or Hopkins were to direct Predators, I'd be happier.

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed