Alien 5 or Alien 0 ?

Started by Highland, Jun 02, 2009, 03:29:22 PM

Author
Alien 5 or Alien 0 ? (Read 5,500 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI'm not making claims one way or the other so I don't have to back anything up

"On the flipside I have heard about conversations between fans and licensees (eg Dark Horse) where the licensees have said that Fox considers everything all the one universe. "

Quoteno matter how much you want to try and force your opinion as fact.
I don't want to force my opinion as a fact because i really do think its fact because I'm pretty sure that i read that FOX said that the comics and games are a different universe.
If i wouldn't be sure about that i wouldn't say so, trust me. If I'm wrong then i will admit so, i have no problem with being wrong at all, if someone can proof me wrong or someone can convince me of the opposite I'm all for it, until then i will say what i think because I'm sure i read it.

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

'Alien 5'. No need for a prequel whatsoever.

SM

SM

Quote"On the flipside I have heard about conversations between fans and licensees (eg Dark Horse) where the licensees have said that Fox considers everything all the one universe. "

And?

Just repeating something I heard third or fourth hand.  I make no claims as to it's accuracy.  Even if Fox claims everything is the one universe it's bollocks, because everything simply doesn't fit.

QuoteIf i wouldn't be sure about that i wouldn't say so, trust me. If I'm wrong then i will admit so, i have no problem with being wrong at all, if someone can proof me wrong or someone can convince me of the opposite I'm all for it, until then i will say what i think because I'm sure i read it.

It's not up to others to prove you wrong - it's up to you to back up your claim.  As long as you can't back it up you're wrong by default.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAs long as you can't back it up you're wrong by default.
That doesn't mean I'm wrong, that just means that i cant expect people to believe me, and they don't have to believe me, that doesn't make my statement wrong though.

If someone hits you in the face and you go to the police pointing the finger at someone who hit you but you cant proof it does that make you wrong? Nope, that just means that you cant bring people to believe you although you're right.

SM

SM

Either way - if you are able to back it up; please do.  It would be a good way to solve arguments.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

As far another alien movie goes, I'd rather it be a fresh start, a new storyline unchained from, but not ignorant of, Ripley's. As for it being a sequel or prequel... I'd prefer it not taking place before the Alien series we have thus far.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 03, 2009, 02:20:25 AM
QuoteAt the end of the day they're just movies, so if you want to think they aren't canon, so be it.
And all movies are canon, sure, you can tell yourself that they aren't or they simply don't exist, but in this case you would just be lying to yourself.

If the movie is a complete affront to, and can't be reconciled with, what was established before it, then its not canon as far as I, and from what I take much of the fanbase, am concerned.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

What I would hate the most, is if they decided to a prequel but made if all flashy with big CGI effects. What would be much more effective, and help to tie it in with Alien and such, would be to go back to using miniatures  and really give it that gritty, realistic vibe that Alien had. I mean the new Sam Rockwell film Moon is visual proof that miniatures are better than ever!

What ever route they decide on, I think this is what they should aim for, visually and in tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIexG8179K8

Oh and this aswell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEhkTxs3_E&NR=1

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Jun 07, 2009, 01:58:38 PM
What I would hate the most, is if they decided to a prequel but made if all flashy with big CGI effects. What would be much more effective, and help to tie it in with Alien and such, would be to go back to using miniatures  and really give it that gritty, realistic vibe that Alien had. I mean the new Sam Rockwell film Moon is visual proof that miniatures are better than ever!

What ever route they decide on, I think this is what they should aim for, visually and in tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIexG8179K8

Oh and this aswell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEhkTxs3_E&NR=1

It should defiantly be like that moon film.

Highland

Highland

I think the alien going back to being alien is the key for me on this one. I'd like to see (much to the disgust of most alien fans probably) some kind of new piece of the growth process, the full egg morph or just something so f**ked up (but still in canon) that just blows your mind.

It wouldn't even have to be the alien thats involved. Just something like the jockey that makes you sit up and say "what the fck is going on here?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed