This should have been a remake of Predator 2 not Predator

Started by shakermakerman, May 03, 2009, 08:54:49 AM

Author
This should have been a remake of Predator 2 not Predator (Read 4,769 times)

shakermakerman

Predator to me is a timeless classic, Predator 2 is good fun movie but does not stand up to time well with the future setting, Predator how ever does. So why not just make an other Predator movie that knocks Predator 2 out of canon? they could still use the same plot they are doing now. How ever im still looking forward to this movie but it wont be as good as the original imo.

War Wager

No movie will ever be as good as the original, but that doesn't mean it won't be worthy.

Highland

Not been on here in a good year at least, but this new predators talk has got me hooked in again, as it always does! 

I think we can throw out the word canon from anything to do with aliens/predator now after the way things have been going ,and not with just this franchise, but most movies. 

Going back to the single creature is definitely the way ahead but I'm not sure of this "other world" talk though, Is that the plan? I can see Mutant chronicles type special effects all over the shop.

The Necronoir

Current rhetoric is suggesting that this isn't going to be a remake of anything, just a reboot of the franchise ie. an injection of something fresh. The term is causing more and more confusion the more people use it.

Highland

as long as the stick to the original source material then they can call it what they like. Last thing we want is predators roaming around on mechanical horses just because it would look "cool"

Aeus

I'd happily accept a remake of Predator 2.

Bishop2

Neither film needs remakes, IMO. I don't think there's anything that demands improvement through the lens of today, but maybe that's because I'm a fan. At any rate, I'm glad this film isn't a remake. But still wary about it being a reboot.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: shakermakerman on May 03, 2009, 08:54:49 AM
So why not just make an other Predator movie that knocks Predator 2 out of canon?

How?

Pvt. Hicks

It's Predator 3.

A remake of Predator 2? Lame.

Master

QuoteSo why not just make an other Predator movie that knocks Predator 2 out of canon?
You must be kidding. Tell me that you are kidding. Predator 2 is great v.good sequel of the first one IMHO. Such thinking will cause remake of the franchise some day.

dachande89

Why remake any of the films? Just make a sequel.

Johnny Handsome

There is no need to remake Predator 2, its a damn fine sequel.

Sequels are mostly not as good as the originals anyway, and even if a million people say Aliens surpassed Alien, IMO, it isn't even half as good as Alien.

Just like Predator 2 isn't half as good as the original, doesn't change it from being a good movie.

It has a new concept, its different yet kept many things from what made the original so great, i don't know much sequels where i can say that.

Master

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 05, 2009, 11:23:49 AM

Sequels are mostly not as good as the originals anyway, and even if a million people say Aliens surpassed Alien, IMO, it isn't even half as good as Alien.

Just like Predator 2 isn't half as good as the original, doesn't change it from being a good movie.

It has a new concept, its different yet kept many things from what made the original so great, i don't know much sequels where i can say that.

I'll second that notion!

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 05, 2009, 12:51:26 AM
How?

Easy they did it with Superman.
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 05, 2009, 11:23:49 AM

I didnt mean a total remake of Predator 2 , just another sequel to Predator. Predator 2 is fun ect but does not stand to time well (and you know what i mean by that), and infact in parts Predator 2 is very silly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed