ADI to return?

Started by War Wager, Apr 25, 2009, 09:01:18 PM

Author
ADI to return? (Read 16,827 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Will try and call later, nothing too interesting:

KNB: Was only able to get Greg Nicotero's assistant, he was in a meeting. It's safe to assume he's probably heard about it.

ADI: Tom was out, Alec was in a meeting. Though is it a good thing that "We haven't heard anything about it."? ;)

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 27, 2009, 05:09:41 PM
Will try and call later, nothing too interesting:

KNB: Was only able to get Greg Nicotero's assistant, he was in a meeting. It's safe to assume he's probably heard about it.

ADI: Tom was out, Alec was in a meeting. Though is it a good thing that "We haven't heard anything about it."? ;)

Please let this be true -crosses fingers-!!!

Bishop2

Bishop2

I love ADI's work but I think the Aliens were their strong suit. No matter how well they did with the Predator in AVP:R, it wasn't nearly as good as their aliens.

Predator was Stan's baby first and foremost. But with Stan Winston dead and gone, no longer able to shepherd any new creations, I have concerns about what his re-named "Legacy Studios" can do. Apparently Terminator Salvation is the last project they worked on that he had his mitts on, so we'll see what comes in the aftermath of Stan's involvement...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 27, 2009, 06:24:09 PM
I love ADI's work but I think the Aliens were their strong suit. No matter how well they did with the Predator in AVP:R, it wasn't nearly as good as their aliens.

Only for one movie. Everything after A3 just sucked to me. The Resurrection and AvP drones were too fleshy and skinny for my liking, and the AvP:R Warriors had bad heads.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 27, 2009, 08:17:57 PM
Only for one movie. Everything after A3 just sucked to me. The Resurrection and AvP drones were too fleshy and skinny for my liking, and the AvP:R Warriors had bad heads.

The aliens in AVP are my favorite aliens to date, so we will agree to disagree on this matter.  I love the fact that their aliens look more believably alive and more "alien" than the older ones, and I adore how Woodruff moves inside the suit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well granted they moved a lot better due to the use of CGI, but I found that with that improved movement, the way the Aliens were filmed lost their mysterious appearance. What I mean is, all the atmosphere, shadows, mist, etc... that accompanied showing an Alien in Aliens or Alien was gone once CGI became more regular.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 27, 2009, 06:24:09 PM

Predator was Stan's baby first and foremost. But with Stan Winston dead and gone, no longer able to shepherd any new creations, I have concerns about what his re-named "Legacy Studios" can do. Apparently Terminator Salvation is the last project they worked on that he had his mitts on, so we'll see what comes in the aftermath of Stan's involvement...

It's not like he was going to anyway. He was disheartened they didn't include him in AvP.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 27, 2009, 10:01:06 PM
It's not like he was going to anyway. He was disheartened they didn't include him in AvP.

So your theory is that he wouldn't work on Predator 3 just because he was disheartened that he wasn't a part of AVP?

Of course he'd take the job if they offered the money and the ability to take control of the creature he created again.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 27, 2009, 10:05:15 PM
So your theory is that he wouldn't work on Predator 3 just because he was disheartened that he wasn't a part of AVP?

Of course he'd take the job if they offered the money and the ability to take control of the creature he created again.

I'm not saying he wouldn't jump at the chance, I'm saying Fox wouldn't offer it to him in the first place.........

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 27, 2009, 08:37:49 PM
and more "alien" than the older ones,

There is no facepalm grand enough. No head-against-wall violent enough.

Just wow, dude.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The thing with the Alien suits is that AR's design reflect the story. AvPs was down to cost and retconed after the fact. AvPRs was once again ease and cost with an attempt at a new head.

They're learning with Predator and they're getting there. Like others thing, Wolf (with the helmet on) was badass and fantastic. If they can fix the face...I don't have a problem with them being involved in this.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2009, 10:33:47 PM

There is no facepalm grand enough. No head-against-wall violent enough.

Just wow, dude.

You can have your own opinion and I can have mine.  And we can even doing it without being dismissive and insulting about other opinions, too.

SiL

SiL

True! But your opinion that the AvP Aliens look more alien is unfounded. I know it's opinion, but opinion's can be wrong. It can be someone's opinion that the holocaust didn't happen - Doesn't make it so.

Not that this is the thread for that conversation.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: SiL on Apr 28, 2009, 01:23:45 AM
True! But your opinion that the AvP Aliens look more alien is unfounded. I know it's opinion, but opinion's can be wrong. It can be someone's opinion that the holocaust didn't happen - Doesn't make it so.

Well it's basically just the Alien Resurrection aliens painted black, so if that's what you're talking about, I realize that. And I prefer the black color, which is why I cite AVP's creatures over AR. AR's brown shades made sense because that movie was so damn brown, just like Alien 3, but black is the classic Alien color for me at least.

But it's my opinion that the skinnier torso of the AVP/AR alien looks more inhuman, as does the reflexive leg joints.  I think it makes the creature feel less like a typical humanoid "man-in-suit" type of creation, and more "alien" as a result. Now, I think that's pretty easy to understand, and not inherently wrong, myself, but then again I'm the one having the opinion. So anyway.

SiL

SiL

I prefer AvP's Aliens over AR as well.

I'm talking AvP vs. Alien/Aliens. The AR-AvPR chests are more human, despite them trying to raise the sternum to make the rest of the design look skinner, by having floating ribs attaching to the sternum, as opposed to Alien/Aliens, where all the ribs joined directly to it, with tubes visible directly behind them. The dog-legs do look less human, but that hardly makes up for all the translucency, tubing, condom lips and wires of the original design.

...so how 'bout them ADI Preds?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed