Windows 10 and Microphone/Recording Issues

Started by TheSailingRabbit, May 06, 2020, 11:03:53 PM

Author
Windows 10 and Microphone/Recording Issues (Read 385 times)

TheSailingRabbit

In the process of getting my new laptop (it's an Alienware model) set up, we've run into a problem; Windows 10 isn't allowing the microphone to record, and the program my boyfriend tried to install wouldn't work. Anyone else have issues like this with Windows 10? What's something we can use to remedy the issue with the microphone?

Corporal Hicks

Are you both just recording it in person? If so, Audacity is probably the easiest and free solution. That's what I use to record the audio for our videos. You can then do some editing, noise removal, etc, straight in it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've run into this before right after getting an update. You have to go into the privacy settings and give the microphone permission to access the computer or something like that.

EDIT: Double checked. Go to settings -> Privacy -> Scroll down on the left hand side to Microphone and click it -> It will say on the screen "Allow apps to access your microphone". Make sure that's turned on, and you should be good to go.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed