W.C.S.

Started by Infected, Apr 12, 2015, 11:15:32 AM

Author
W.C.S. (Read 3,547 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

W.C.S. -

The movie isn't terrible but isn't anywhere near good enough to justify retconning the series, leaving people to argue over the ins and outs of what makes sense now and what retroactively does or doesn't make sense from now till eternity, and having to hear everyone whine from now till eternity that their interpretation of what is canon MUST be the correct one, with the new added 10,000 options.

This is also the M.L.S. (most likely scenario).

And now why don't we switch gears.

What is the B.C.S.

Best Case Scenario is this film plays as a definitive ending to the series that still ends the narrative somewhere that allows it to take place between Aliens and A3, IF YOU WANT IT TO but also, acts entirely as a closer, if you don't.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 16, 2015, 03:16:33 AM

...leaving people to argue over the ins and outs of what makes sense now and what retroactively does or doesn't make sense from now till eternity, and having to hear everyone whine from now till eternity that their interpretation of what is canon MUST be the correct one, with the new added 10,000 options.

People are going to do that anyway, retcon or not.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Kelgaard on Apr 17, 2015, 03:25:51 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 16, 2015, 03:16:33 AM

...leaving people to argue over the ins and outs of what makes sense now and what retroactively does or doesn't make sense from now till eternity, and having to hear everyone whine from now till eternity that their interpretation of what is canon MUST be the correct one, with the new added 10,000 options.

People are going to do that anyway, retcon or not.

For sure - but not in way that opens up that kinda can of worms.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 16, 2015, 03:16:33 AMThe movie isn't terrible but isn't anywhere near good enough to justify retconning the series

Yeah, I was thinking about this myself. If he simply overwrites one very uneven movie with another, the entire exercise will have been totally f*cking pointless.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 18, 2015, 05:51:29 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 16, 2015, 03:16:33 AMThe movie isn't terrible but isn't anywhere near good enough to justify retconning the series

Yeah, I was thinking about this myself. If he simply overwrites one very uneven movie with another, the entire exercise will have been totally f*cking pointless.

Given his track record this is entirely likely. And the fan boy route of trying to muscle in and make a different trilogy doesn't instill much confidence. Should have kept it simple and chosen a different cast.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

W.C.S. I think the hype's over and everyone involved in production has already forgot that they wanted to make another alien movie.

No, no, I kid. However I believe a worse case scenario would be ghetto aliens. Basically the story being in any way related to bloomkamps' last 3 movies.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 20, 2015, 03:27:16 AM
W.C.S. I think the hype's over and everyone involved in production has already forgot that they wanted to make another alien movie.

No, no, I kid. However I believe a worse case scenario would be ghetto aliens. Basically the story being in any way related to bloomkamps' last 3 movies.
LoL

Xeno's seeking refuge after bad alien movies. Joining IS and making vids of ramming their tongue thing through skulls

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed