Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 418,336 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

f**king cringe.

He's actually the best, reload your damn save!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I know he becomes some sort of Krogan King afterwards, right ? Sitting on their throne and shit

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I remember how Ashley was my first romance... but I wasn't even trying. I thought she was a bitch but I'd just be polite too, next thing you know we're getting it on in the scene but me the player am like "NOOOO I'M BEING FORCIBLY VIOLATED".

But the next games I'd be with the best waifu, Tali.

Also.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Got Andromeda for $8. Sank twelve hours into it so far.

Initial impression is that the game is not polished at all:

-Jittery/ twitchy animations, and inconsistent animation quality.
-Meshes going inside other meshes, mostly characters' upper arms going into torso. Major oversight there since 50% of gameplay it is visible.
-Enemies spawning inside structures-can kill you but you cant kill them.
-Character models for male and female humans, and all Asari, look strange, particularly the arms and shoulders. Not at all the shape of real people, reminds me of saints row 3 body types (eww).

-Character customization pretty much cut compared to first 3 games. The default faces for both genders look fine, but the rest...let's just say I do not want to look at them.
-Controls on 360 controller, configured by someone that doesn't play games, probable shoe size IQ.
-Game feels bloated, but not in a pure waste of time sense, like some games. I just don't think the pacing between meaningful events, or the density of excitement, is where it should be. I don't know if there is any replayability potential here, as I've already done long things that I do not care to go through again (reminds me of the first dragon age).

+Runs fine, has not crashed or had a game breaking bug.

If I eventually finish it, may comment further if I have anything to add.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't know how you managed to last twelve hours.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Played it for about 45 minutes last spring when I was laid off.

Seemed pretty terrible imo.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 09, 2021, 09:56:55 AM
Ashley "I can't tell the aliens from the animals." Williams

"Says here you're an alien. My grandad says aliens go to hell."

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

https://youtu.be/sUKiOcV1SSc

"And I need you to recover, because I can't make it on my own..."

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Andromeda actually is pretty funny to play through.  Some of the dialogue options made me chuckle.  I find it consistently more humorous than the original trilogy. 

The scale just isn't as large as the original trilogy and it definitely was released VERY unpolished and the characters weren't as interesting. 

But if you took ME1 just by itself and didn't include the whole trilogy, I think that you could argue that the OG crew is in a pretty similar place in their development as the Andromeda crew. 

I think Andromeda gets more hate than it deserves because it is NOT ME original trilogy. 

And I think ME3 gets more hate than it deserves because its the finale of the OT.  I suspect both ratings for both games will increase once ME4, which is supposed to continue/reference the storylines for both the OT and Andromeda. 

Fans are crazy judgemental when a fan favorite series comes to a close, or when the series goes in a different direction.

Something I understand, because I hate Prometheus. 

Andromdeda didn't bother me as bad because I felt it had the same spirit overall. 

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Good post^^^

Possible Andromeda spoilers

I am finding the NPC interaction and dialogue to mostly be a leap up compared to the first 3 games. But the side quest are stupid so far, mostly fetch this or that. Hey pathfinder, input the right settings on that VI, hey pathfinder, those civillians are protesting, pathfinder, this bug is eating the wiring...it's like people that didn't want to be there were writing these things into the game.

This being a role playing game, the degree of enthusiasm and hope expressed over life and progress is almost insipid, and I cannot relate. The characters are all functional and competent individuals, which creates contrast with my own life that is demoralizing. For having greatly expanded options to convey personality, there is no option to be a negative p.o.s. :)

To add to the list of complaints

-there is only one face for every Asari.
-Too many menus. Information vomit in about a dozen or so clusters scattered about.
-I think it's odd how there is already quite a bit of stuff that has happened by the time the main character gets involved. You would think they would be in on it all day one.
-300+ dialogue recordings of "so why did YOU come to andromeda?"

I think an interesting side quest would be maybe a young 40 year old asari is discovered to be an ardat yakshi, and you're tasked with handling that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's been a while since I played but I remember the sidequest being Witcher 3 and FF7R bad in some places.  Witcher 3 had some good sidequest, but FF7 Remake almost all were consistently bad.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 03, 2021, 08:41:04 AM
https://youtu.be/sUKiOcV1SSc

"And I need you to recover, because I can't make it on my own..."

A proper Mass Effect 4 with the return of Shepard and the main squad mates is what the series, and frankly Bioware at this point, needs. I'd pre-order that in a heartbeat if they announced that's what they were doing.

But if they're just going to end up setting it hundreds of years after ME3 though with a "clean slate", totally new cast except for maybe Liara because Asari have really long lifespans, then I'm just going to be ignoring it like I did with Andromeda and simultaneously letting out another deep sigh that they missed the best chance they'll ever have to right the ship.

That and them not bringing back Shepard after that teaser is just going to be yet another massive case of "what are we even doing here then?"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It would be so easy for them to bring Shepard back.  They already did it once and made it key plot point in ME2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed