Why do people hate Alien3?

Started by Basher917, Oct 30, 2011, 05:06:06 PM

Author
Why do people hate Alien3? (Read 238,059 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Jan 27, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
Okay, that you called Andrews Chalmers kind'a proves my point.

No. It proves that you have a sense of humor. Hats off.

QuoteAlien3 is superior.
Except it isn't. It's not a well made film. It's pretty and it sounds nice, but it's a hacked together mess. The only people who refuse to admit it are fans who for some reason decided they needed to convince themselves otherwise.[/quote]

No, it is not. It had its problems, they dealt with it and delivered the second best piece of the whole franchise.

QuoteAliens is just overhyped canned yesterday's food. Ages really poorly. Blah! Alien3 on the other hand :)
Alien3, on the other hand, wasn't even good enough to be eaten yesterday, and maintains much of its fanbase solely from the sort of hipsters who need to make everything look vintage on their instagram photos. ;)
[/quote]

Hipster time over bro time any time, any day! Aliens is crap and Alien3 is quality, and you know it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2014, 05:27:11 AM
But I want to like it.  I just can't bring myself to do so.
Why try to force yourself?

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 27, 2014, 05:27:47 AM
No, it is not. It had its problems, they dealt with it and delivered the second best piece of the whole franchise.
They didn't deal with it. They just sewed chunks of it together and hoped people went with it.

QuoteHipster time over bro time any time, any day! Aliens is crap and Alien3 is quality, and you know it.
Alien3 is quality crap, that's about it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jan 27, 2014, 05:30:19 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2014, 05:27:11 AM
But I want to like it.  I just can't bring myself to do so.

Why try to force yourself?

I don't like being disappointed.

Born Of Cold Light

Alien 3 is fab.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 27, 2014, 05:27:47 AM

Hipster time over bro time any time, any day! Aliens is crap and Alien3 is quality, and you know it.

No, just no.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Alien3 is flawed in many ways, but it's a billion times smarter, more mature, intelligent, beautiful, creative, innovative, interesting than Aliens. The latter is a cheesy McDonalds hack job, where's A3 is just unique and wraps up Ripley's story perfectly.

ALIENS kinda sux.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Aliens is alright.  My only major gripe with it is that all the extended media and games focus too much on that movie alone and take very little from others in the series.  Thus Aliens feels overexposed when in reality it just holds too much of an influence over other creators.

That's why I hope Aliens Isolation is the bomb diggity even though I have my doubts about the storyline.  Hoping the gameplay is different and interesting.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 27, 2014, 05:39:27 AM
Alien3 is flawed in many ways, but it's a billion times smarter, more mature, intelligent, beautiful, creative, innovative, interesting than Aliens. The latter is a cheesy McDonalds hack job, where's A3 is just unique and wraps up Ripley's story perfectly.

ALIENS kinda sux.
:laugh:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I like Alien 3 and all... but I wouldn't dare go that far.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

ALIENS kinda sux.

More like drawn out, boring and depressing. The only thing unique about Alien three is its (unintelligent) "runner" alien. All it is is Alien in a prison with some slight differences.
Alien and Aliens are the movies where the series shines.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 27, 2014, 07:29:59 AM

ALIENS kinda sux.

More like drawn out, boring and depressing. The only thing unique about Alien three is its (unintelligent) "runner" alien. All it is is Alien in a prison with some slight differences.
Alien and Aliens are the movies where the series shines.

You crack me up.

As well-made a sci-fi ALIENS is it is still f**king stupid. Especially the end (and the beginning). What the hell is wrong with people?

SiL

SiL

They're not trolls.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No way is Alien 3 better than Aliens.

I'll agree Aliens' plot - at its most basic level - is a total cliché, but it's at least coherent and delivered effectively. Now, I love Alien 3, I really do, but as a movie it's a mess. The only bits that really shine on a critical level are the funeral scene and Ripley's death, they're both very well done. But a lot of the rest feels muddled.

But that's not the biggest problem with Alien 3. The biggest problem is it has no genre. Alien is a horror masterpiece, Aliens is an action masterpiece. Alien 3... Well, it's not scary, so it's not horror, and it's fairly slow, so it's not an action movie. It's not really drama, it clearly isn't romance. I guess a thriller maybe? Although even that's debatable. It just doesn't know what the hell it is, and so it kind fails at being a film.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 27, 2014, 08:36:21 AM
They're not trolls.

Or, like you know, hipsters, actually.

Pfft... Alien3 is inferior to the first two flicks in every respect.

SiL

SiL

Except acting. It's at least on par. I'd say better in some cases.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed