H.R. Giger

Started by Alien Jockey, Jan 14, 2012, 05:57:57 PM

Author
H.R. Giger (Read 5,054 times)

Alien Jockey

Alien Jockey

He should be on the prometheus production team. It seems after fox used him for alien they kicked him to the curb. Fox needs to give Giger more credit. Does anyone know if Giger has anything to do with prometheus. I have a feeling he doesn't.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He did some murals and supervised some designs.

Alien Jockey

Alien Jockey

He did some murals and supervised some designs.

That's good to hear. I wonder will Giger get credit for his work. Not just a thank you from Fox but real credit. Giger only received credit for alien. He wasn't asked for aliens or alien resurrection. He also wasn't asked for the avp movies. Many fans didn't care that he wasn't asked for the avp movies. I don't think he would've wanted to be on the avp production team. If I'm correct, he received a little credit for alien 3. It wasn't enough credit and it was presented to him in a terrible way. Maybe some of the production team thought he was weird. This was back during the first three alien movies. I always thought he was a genius  (many fans will agree) and could be a great director or producer. It's terrible that Giger had to ask for credit when it should've been given to him on a silver platter.

AnthonyWC70788

AnthonyWC70788

Yeah but this is a different director than the other movies, the original director who also credited him for the first. He is also the director that got in contact with Giger and brought him over for some work on this movie. Scott takes care of his people and I can guarantee to that he will get some kind of credit for this movie. Maybe not much since it is rumored that all he did was the murals and assisted with certain set direction, but he will get some kind of credit for his work... Anthony

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

In fairness, he wasn't really required for 'Aliens'. Winston's people were intent on copying the original design as closely as possible and Cameron already had an idea for the Queen. There wasn't anything new Giger could have contributed to.

http://www.hrgiger.com/james_cameron.htm

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 15, 2012, 01:38:21 AM
In fairness, he wasn't really required for 'Aliens'. Winston's people were intent on copying the original design as closely as possible and Cameron already had an idea for the Queen. There wasn't anything new Giger could have contributed to.

http://www.hrgiger.com/james_cameron.htm

There would have been a difference that Giger could have made to the designs, whether fans of the existing Aliens movie would have appreciated it or not

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The point was that Giger was not needed on Aliens, and was treated like crap on Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 15, 2012, 05:06:18 PM
The point was that Giger was not needed on Aliens,

Well I could go splitting hairs and offer a point about this point

Valaquen

Valaquen

Giger's fine with the fact that he didn't get to work on ALIENS: "James Cameron's sequel, Aliens, was a great film, but I wasn't invited to work on it. My designs were already done, so they didn't need me."

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 15, 2012, 05:06:18 PM
The point was that Giger was not needed on Aliens...

Nevertheless he is mentioned in the closing titles as author of original Alien design, even if he was not involved into production.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: aliennaire on Jan 16, 2012, 11:29:05 PM
Nevertheless he is mentioned in the closing titles as author of original Alien design, even if he was not involved into production.

That's a legal requirement. Same as the original characters are credited as being 'based on' O'Bannon's, even for 'Alien Versus Predator'.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Yes, sardonically, the same was placed on the screen credits of first, original copy of A^3, even though he was immediately engaged there...

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2012, 09:49:21 PM
Giger's fine with the fact that he didn't get to work on ALIENS: "James Cameron's sequel, Aliens, was a great film, but I wasn't invited to work on it. My designs were already done, so they didn't need me."

Well, I suppose he's content to put the issue behind him. He was interested in Cameron's Queen design and then I'm going to have to look for that interview where he said that he would have designed it somewhat differently himself

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I hope he gets mentioned in the opening credits in whatever form...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 17, 2012, 02:51:07 AM
Quote from: aliennaire on Jan 16, 2012, 11:29:05 PM

That's a legal requirement.

Not really. Fox removed his credit from Alien 3 and its absent in subsequent movies. Giger himself said hes gracious that Cameron gave him a credit in his movie

QuoteSame as the original characters are credited as being 'based on' O'Bannon's, even for 'Alien Versus Predator'.

In this particular case they had to do it cause they were using plenty from their original Alien script

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jan 17, 2012, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2012, 09:49:21 PM

Well, I suppose he's content to put the issue behind him. He was interested in Cameron's Queen design and then I'm going to have to look for that interview where he said that he would have designed it somewhat differently himself

Ive read just the opposite from 86 and 88 interviews, that hes character has been well studied. Perhaps youre refering to the interview where he alluded that he would make the mouth a lil bigger

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed