All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,846,544 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It's because of Dad that despite being born in 91 I was a fan well before the prequels, I even remember Darth Vader (Power of the Force) being my first figure in 1995 or 96.

I don't really hate the prequels anymore though, especially now that it's the sequels I hate. For all the prequels shortcomings it's grown on me.

I still have literal autistic enthusiasm though (albeit aged), I just don't really acknowledge the sequels.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 28, 2022, 04:57:51 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on May 27, 2022, 10:31:27 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 27, 2022, 08:41:29 PM@St_Eddie Is this show going to explain why Bail didn't just use his holo-pager to summon Obi-Wan in ANH?
empire was invesgating him  they basically new he was a primary member of the rebellion so they were watching him

They were watching him 24/7? What, even when he was on the toilet?  There was literally nowhere he could go to make a video call in private?
thats assuming he even still had access to holofeed to even make a call .

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 28, 2022, 05:45:46 PM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on May 28, 2022, 04:38:31 AMFirst episode if Kenobi was good, wasn't expecting huge fights or anything so it delivered in setting up the series...however I'm not really digging the mini leia kidnapping plot. I hate to say it but I kinda rolled my eyes at this, guess we'll see how this plays out...

The fact that Leia, after being captured by Vader, trusted and decided to pass her mission on to someone else, Obi-Wan Kenobi, fits in with what we saw in the series in a way. I mean, it could be interpreted that she knew him in person beyond the stories of her adoptive father.

May 28, 2022, 05:53:21 PM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2022, 02:29:14 AMHow old is Reva supposed to be?  Based on the prologue from the first episode, I thought Reva would turn out to be one of the younglings who were shown escaping from the clone troopers.

Maybe she witnessed Anakin carrying out Order 66.  I wonder if Vader knows that she knows.  He's killed his own men for that.

Spoiler
[close]

If Vader doesn't know that she knows (she was most likely the Jedi girl from the prologue as you've pointed out), then maybe it could mean that Vader is going to kill her, provided he finds that out of course.

On the other hand...
Spoiler
The premature "death" of the Inquisitor has given the fans something to talk about (what a surprise! :laugh: ). Some are already wondering if he's going to survive given his appearance in Rebels, which is supposed to be canon. But...it's not like we haven't already seen that with Darth Maul or Palpatine anyway.
[close]
yeah if he doesn't know and fines out he's def killing her thou I think he's killing her regardless at the end of the series we know inquisitors that fail him die just look at trilla.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 29, 2022, 01:52:19 PMI don't really hate the prequels anymore though, especially now that it's the sequels I hate. For all the prequels shortcomings it's grown on me..

Despite all of their problems, prequels at least tell the story I'm actually interested in - Anakin's fall and birth of Darth Vader. Sequels, on the other hand, were about what exactly ?

Also Disney's smug attitude that doesn't allow to admit any mistakes just robs me of any enjoyment I might've had watching these movies. I can see some of George's creativity in prequels while all I see in Disney SW products is "Let's bring back everybody 'cause money money money"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe I'd be a lot harder on the sequels if the prequels hadn't already tarnished the series beyond recognition for me.

Kradan

Kradan

That's fair. I don't have as much of an attachment to the series and approach it as a casual viewer. Someone  who spent years obsessing over these movies would have a different perspective, I would imagine

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Alien Resurrection had a similar effect on me.  Alien 3 was at least tolerable, which is kinda how I regard ROTJ.

ace3g

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1531009450655424512
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/1531009737424113664

Visions season one was some of the best Star Wars to come out of the Disney era, and seeing them expand the second season to include the work of multiple countries all over the world is incredibly exciting. Can't wait for this.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I thought Visions sucked, but I'll give it another shot.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

More Visions?
More Bad Batch?
Tales of the Jedi?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 29, 2022, 07:37:20 AMI definitely have hazy memories of seeing ANH during its theatrical run in the 70s, probably during one of its many re-releases.  I would have been only 3 or 4 at the time, but it still made a big impression on me.

My parents even took me and my brother to Toys R Us afterward to buy some Kenner action figures.

I have clearer memories of seeing TESB in 1980.

I voraciously consumed all the EU I could get my hands on throughout the 90s.

My enthusiasm for the IP never recovered from the prequels, unfortunately.  I still follow it, but not with the same level of autistic obsession that I used to.

Ah man. The first Kenner toy purchase is a very vivid and happy memory for me. It was R2D2 (still got him and he's not in very good shape). My parents said these toys are very expensive and I said lets swap the price tag for something cheaper (they weren't too happy with that suggestion). They eventually relented and bought him and it was the first of many in my nice (now) vintage collection.

Great times.

I admit the prequels and sequels didn't hit the heights but I found a lot of enjoyment through watching them with my kids. Still do.

Keep the stories coming. They're great.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I also recall walking into my regular bookstore in 1991 to pick up my usual monthly gaming magazines and being absolutely gobsmacked to see a big promotional display for Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire.

I had no idea it was coming and Star Wars was probably the furthest thing from my mind at the time, but it didn't stop me from immediately buying a copy.  I truly thought, as many others did back then, that it was the official novelization of Episode VII.

Like I said before, I rapidly consumed everything else I could during the 90s.  There were hits and misses, but I couldn't get enough.  Novels, comics, video games, etc.  It was a true renaissance for Star Wars.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Soooo...I've been uhming and ahhhing checking out the Star Wars EU. I'm a filthy casual who enjoys the prequels as well (not so sold on the sequels). I've not seen all of Clone Wars, but I've enjoyed Rebels and Bad Batch and all the live actions. Where's a good book for me to start?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You mean the canon EU, right?  Not the previously canon, but decanonized when Disney acquired Lucasfilm EU?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I guess I'm more interested in the current "relevant" stuff, but I'm not opposed to some legacy shoutouts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed