PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Started by Space Sweeper, Feb 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Author
PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread (Read 66,346 times)

Space Sweeper

I think it would be a good idea to merge the previously made topics here to make a place for broader discussion condensed into one place to cut down on the number of threads that might be made.

What so far has impressed you guys the most? What are you looking forward to? Any disappointments?

I'm more interested in what can be done with in-game animation renderings, blending navigation and scripted movements, advanced dynamic facial expressions, and those insanely near-CGI (well, basically standard CGI) shaders that we saw demoed during the recent press conference. How this can play into different art directions, be they more cartooned or going for a more photo realistic feel intrigues me.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

It all hinges on me if they make it so you can buy used games. It's not even that I buy many games and I tend to buy them on release - what got under my skin was the whole invasion of privacy aspect of it to me. If I buy something, its mine to do with as I please (including trade it in). Now they seemingly have said they're not gunna block it, but until I hear a (truly) concrete answer I am going to just take a reserved approach to this whole next gen thing.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 21, 2013, 12:05:10 PM
It all hinges on me if they make it so you can buy used games. It's not even that I buy many games and I tend to buy them on release - what got under my skin was the whole invasion of privacy aspect of it to me. If I buy something, its mine to do with as I please (including trade it in). Now they seemingly have said they're not gunna block it, but until I hear a (truly) concrete answer I am going to just take a reserved approach to this whole next gen thing.

It was confirmed that used games will work on the PS4. It was in an interview here on eurogamer.

I'm decidedly underwhelmed. Far as I understand these things my two year old PC is at worst on par, if not slightly better than the new PS4. My net is far too shitty to stream the BC and I don't do MP (literally 0 friends on PSN, I don't know anyone who even plays multiplayer) so it's social features have 0 appeal and I can't stream my old games, and they won't let me use the discs? f**k you Sony!

I'm going to keep my PS3 for games like The Last of Us, Star Wars and Watchdogs, and spend the money I'll save from not buying the PS4 on upgrading my current rig ready for Rome 2.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Thanks for that, handsome.

I'm sold for the most part then.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 21, 2013, 12:15:45 PM
Thanks for that, handsome.

I'm sold for the most part then.

You're welcome sweetie ;)

Vepariga

Vepariga

I want something more then just good graphics. PS3 offers me fantastic visuals already just saying 'its got better graphics' doesnt make me want to fork out the cash for one. I neer moar.

Not too sure on those social things too but PS needs a better social network as 360 cleans house on the online as it stands with community and such.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I'm liking the social features. Integrated sharing of screenshots/videos and streaming is quite awesome and brings a lot of possibilities from PC to consoles at last. Just look at how popular gameplay videos and game streaming have become in the past few years on PC. The fact you can now record/stream from your console without having to buy a third-party capture card is great news, no matter how you look at it.

Samus007

Samus007

For me just about everything sounded great, especially the ability to play PS4 games on the Vita at no extra cost. I love my Vita now as it is, but that will just make it that much more awesome. Also, being able to start playing a game before it is finished being downloaded, very cool! Can't wait for this next gen of consoles.  8) 8)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

From what I've seen that consoles are a bit behind PC's. I don't really care since I haven't been a PC gamer in a long time. With consoles, they are easier then a high quality PC that can support all of the latest gaming. PC has so much requirements to play games. My Windows XP is from 2002 and it can barely run TF2.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

BUNGIE is making a FPS for the PS4?

That seems almost traitorous - which I fight delectable.

Salt The Fries

QuoteRehashed multiplatform footage of Destiny
    A PC demo of multiplatform game Watchdogs
    A speech from the CEO of Activision  (every gamers hero, move over Gaben)
    Announcing a 1 year old multiplatform game (Diablo 3) for PS3
    Showing a 1 year old Square Enix tech demo running on PC
    The shocking announcement that the Final Fantasy team within SQE were working on... a final fantasy game!
    A multiplatform puzzle game that looks absolutely nothing like Myst or Riven
    A obviously-not-prerendered demo of KZ4
    A share button to revolutionise gaming
    The genius idea of not revealing the console to build up hype for E3
    The genius idea of not showing any games actually being played to build up hype for E3

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 21, 2013, 02:27:56 PM

Since they got independent of Microsoft they are free to do whatever they want. And making exclusives these days if they aren't Halo or Gears of War is really really not profitable at all. The game will be on the successor of 360 and PS3 however...

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 21, 2013, 02:34:45 PMSince they got independent of Microsoft they are free to do whatever they want. And making exclusives these days if they aren't Halo or Gears of War is really really not profitable at all. The game will be on the successor of 360 and PS3 however...

So you're saying they're making the next Aliens game? Right?

Riiiiight?

Salt The Fries

I wish they would.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I caught the tail end of last night's presentation. Looks as though they're 'doing a Microsoft' and really gunning for the social stuff now.

scarhunter92

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 21, 2013, 02:27:56 PM

It's multiplatform.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed