AvPG Previews Alien Isolation

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2014, 06:31:40 PM

Author
AvPG Previews Alien Isolation (Read 48,921 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think the mouth and jaw area is a greater issue than the legs, personally, since that's where a lot of the Alien's signature look and personality (not personality but you know what I mean, lol) comes from.

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2014, 09:40:11 AM
They do shoot themselves a little in the foot with talk of authenticity.

However, aside from the change to the legs - which yes, makes perfect sense. I saw the speed of the Alien and the speed in which they were having it interact with the world and it would look so stupid with the human legs, it truly would. No-one would move with the fluidity of that model - the general feel and look of the game is very Alien from what I experienced.

This. Totally agree.

We know the Alien is fast an agile, but you can't see it in the Alien film (its just a perfectly edited film thats make you "imagine" that).

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Wow very well done interview.

I am still trying to be cautious about isolation and i agree that the dino legs are pretty dumb.

IIRC they are toating this game as some what canon,not to the extect of gearbox but they did say it takes place after alien and amanda kinda sorta might be still alive at the end, because burke is a liar pparently.

Game still looks great though. ;D

gabgrave

gabgrave

The Alien is supposed to climb into and out of ducts and ladders right? If we went with the humanoid legs, would it look like a guy climbing into a duct? And when it was running at you, would it look like a beast out of hell or an Olympic runner? That was mentioned in the interview, that they did try it out with humanoid legs first, then changed the design cause it wouldn't work to bring the terror. Having them legs would affect how the body is balanced when moving or sprinting. Frankly I would need to experience the real thing for myself before I'm totally convinced, but I expect that it would be kinda like having a small T-Rex charge at you.

Snark

Snark

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 10, 2014, 08:28:57 PM
They're new screenshots? Which ones? You kept them quiet.

They didn't look familar to me. These are from the Interview http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/creative-assembly-studio-visit-interview/

From the Preview:

Better version on Amanda in the spacesuit

ikarop

ikarop

It's mainly the versions of the Amanda pic and top one but thanks for noticing.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Sounds great.

As expected with the legs really, they needed it to interact with the environment and not look crap. I would have liked the size question to be asked though.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Good preview and interview guys.

Liked the deflection about the eggmorphing too, that kind of answer usually translates into 'Yes it's in there but I can't talk about it.'

SM

SM

I asked Hicks about that, but he said he really couldn't tell if it was 'Yeah it's there, but I can't talk about' or 'Nah, just not addressing that'.

SiL

SiL

It reads like he barely thinks about it. "That's nothing to do with you in a room with an Alien and a motion tracker, not talking about it."

Not sure how it would fit into the game. You find a nest, and ... ? Have to escape? Torch it?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Well hopefully he just wasn't able to talk about it yet. I don't think eggmorphing has been in an alien game since the jaguar AvP, it'd be nice to see it back.

I don't know how it could work in this game either, but if nothing else having to go through a alien infested area with a bunch of people in various states of transformation asking you to kill them would be pretty creepy.

Seegson

Seegson

Im wondering about the differences between Isolation and Outlast, can we see our own body? outlast have and impressive level of inmersion...your hands on the walls, the doors...the floor

gabgrave

gabgrave

Since they did say that there would only be one Alien, and assuming that Alien has been around on the station for weeks, if not months, I doubt any egg morphing would have been successful... unless they meant something else when they said one Alien.
Personally, after reading the interviews and stuff, I'm wondering if another lost gem in the Alien life cycle would make itself known...box Alien anyone?

SM

SM

Depends on whether anyone found the Alien's lair where all the eggs are waiting or not.

Engineer

Engineer

Couldn't the alien's size be explained by its age? It's been on the station for a while by the time Amanda gets there, so there's been more time for it to grow. In Aliens, there was one alien which always looked to me like it was much larger than the rest (no, not the queen). It's the alien the captures newt; that one looked HUGE, but I guess that could have just been the perspective plus it could have just appeared larger while standing next to newt...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed