(POLL) Your opinion about Crouching (The lack of it)

Started by AJL, Jan 19, 2010, 09:54:24 AM

So what do you think about it ??

No matter what anyone say, you are sure the lack of it will be a problem.
15 (30%)
It should be there but you get used to the lack of it and forget about it.
16 (32%)
In the developers you trust. Since its not in there, it is not needed.
19 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author
(POLL) Your opinion about Crouching (The lack of it) (Read 4,613 times)

AJL

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 19, 2010, 12:02:57 PM
Crouching wouldn't serve a single purpose in this game...

Exept those I just listed...

--

In AvP2... There were preds camping with their spearguns, and humans with their
sniper rifles and fast warping runners roaming everywhere... Just waiting for change
to drop you... Supposedly you had to keep moving all the time or you were a dead
man... Yet crouch was usefull and a lifesaver for lots of reasons...

EC jay

EC jay

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 19, 2010, 12:08:30 PM
+ It makes you smaller target... (Which doesn't matter to a Predator's auto-aim and the Alien in close combat)
only shouldercanon locks on as far as I know, disc and spear do not
and yeah, if an alien gets close you're screwed regardless
Quote+ It allows you to fit into smaller spaces... (If there are any small places to even get into, which there probably aren't)
which would be unfortunate, especially in an avp game
it also makes me wonder, did they make the maps, and genuinly didn't have a need for crouch?
or did they make the maps knowing there wouldn't be crouch (simplified maps)
also, don't try telling me "there's probably a contextsensitive button that allows you to crouch into vents"
I'd very much like to check from a distance if the vent is safe, rather than to run up to it, press a button and finding a xeno staring in my face  :P
+ It allows you to take cover behing things... (While you hide, the Alien dashes along the walls to get behind you and the Predator only has to jump to a high point to aim at you)
true, but the times there's no alien around to dash along the walls behind you, you can shoot at the pred and duck behind cover again before he can get a lock on, throw his spear/disc/whatever
+ It makes it harder for enemy to hit specific spots in your body... like head... (Never had a problem with aiming low)
me neither, but that doesn't mean other people don't (in which case they are forced to adapt, improve their aiming skills etc => more challenging and also more rewarding in the end)

that said, I'm still looking forward to playing it
preordered hunter edition too (after learning about the no crouch no less :D)
I have no doubt this will be a fun game, but I really feel it would be better if it had crouch

The_Silencer

+ Aesthetics & immersion ( from a Predator standpoint .. )

+ Tactics -> Fire Formations ( marine )

+ Friendly fire helper

+ Freedom factor plus

dude63

Its obvious its not going to help in this type of game. Your not going to be sitting around crouching picking off shots. Your not going to be sneaking up on people. Im sure you pc modders will add a mod to do this..but even then it won't be needed. Just because its not there doesn't mean it has to be there just because..well its standard. Obviously, the layout is used for better things other than freakin crouching.

newbeing

Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 19, 2010, 02:29:05 PM

+ Friendly fire helper

This is probably the best point I've heard so far for pro crouching. Specifically considering the skirmish mode.

Lie

You don't really need it for online, say you need to run back while shooting if you have to get up from crouching now days they animate every part of the actions so its the differences between life and death you don't need crouching you got sprint (which is something new to look farward to).

The_Silencer

Quote from: dude63 on Jan 19, 2010, 02:32:15 PM
Its obvious its not going to help in this type of game. Your not going to be sitting around crouching picking off shots. Your not going to be sneaking up on people. Im sure you pc modders will add a mod to do this..but even then it won't be needed. Just because its not there doesn't mean it has to be there just because..well its standard. Obviously, the layout is used for better things other than freakin crouching.

The mere existence of this very post makes your point not to be that obvious.

Don't feel uncomfortable if other individuals have a point even when it is essentially distinct of what the devs think and/or have implemented in a game. The World does not end here ( nor in 2010, IMO ). Anyway, we should be able to discuss any idea on here without ending up being an ass and/or just offending and/or insulting others for free. I highly dubt this thread gets locked as it is currently flowing.

Lie

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 19, 2010, 02:34:23 PM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Jan 19, 2010, 02:29:05 PM

+ Friendly fire helper

This is probably the best point I've heard so far for pro crouching. Specifically considering the skirmish mode.

Friendly fire can always be turned off it might be done by vote'in or something (most likely anyway).

Zephon

It's so obvious and it's been said before. You don't have time to crouch and sneak arround. You can't even really sneak arround as the marine. Yeah it's nice in marine vs marine fights but gee... You don't play AvP for that. Aliens will be speeding at you all the time. And the only way you have a chance against them is by running / kiting them. Not by standing still like a fool.

hardwired

Absolutly for.  ;D

I think its very subjective, so it isnt really necessary.
As is movement. They could make the game more comfortable, by let you move automaticly on rails to the enemy, so you can concentrate in slaughtering them.
:D

I just mean, that you can make a game more or less complex. I understand, if people dont want a to realistic and complex game, but i dont want a too arcady and simplistic game. I hope for the middle, via different options, after a few patches or best by a mod, that fits with my vision of a good AVP-Game, that fits with the movies and not UT ######.

(BTW: Am im the only one, who pretty enjoyed, rines vs corps in avp2 (with the ajlmod, in my case.
That was cause the humans even were entertaining without aliens and preds, but only cause you did more then running without stopping through corridors and shoot everything.)

Baasje92

I don't care about the crouch.
In the first 2 games it was nearly used and the other thing is when will you ever see a marine crouching when he knows he will probably get killed by an alien or a predator if he stops moving?
In this game moving is essential, so where you need the crouch for, stop moving and crouching behind a wall will make you the easiest target for an alien possible.

HE LOOK A MARINE IS CROUCHING BECAUSE HE THINK HES GETTING SNIPED HAHAHAHAHA HEADBITE!!!!

Got the point?

Just stopt his stupid conversating, this topic is also worth a lock.

ikarop

This has been discussed to death already. There's no point in doing it again, at least not until the demo or the game have come out. This thread will be locked until further notice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed