Anyone want to make alien themed map, and play it in VR/PC online together?

Started by piff, May 07, 2020, 06:16:52 PM

Author
Anyone want to make alien themed map, and play it in VR/PC online together? (Read 609 times)

piff

piff

I have decided to make my multiplayer alien vs predator game VR game and PC compatible for multiplayer online! Now I know I have to change some stuff so I wont get sued, but you can check it out here, its just the single player right now. But I am about to start working on multiplayer side of things.

I originally started this project for the fans to play an AVP THEMED game in VR. Before the game can be released it has to have multiplayer support. I will not release anything without multiplayer support first.

so I have decided to make the multiplayer a VR/PC keyboard or PC gamepad hybrid!  Where the human player plays in VR and the alien player can play with the PC on a keyboard or PC with a gamepad controller! Later on I will add the predator/creature AI as a keyboard PC or VR, but thats later on right now I need to focus on bringing the game online with the alien.

I plan to make the alien move around and have game play similar like how it did in avp2, but more like how  they did in AJL mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnLphxmE5_o&t=5s
I am using unreal engine, its free. I also have bought a bunch of environments for unreal but I think for online  maps need to be low polly for better performance.

I would really like to see if I could port over some avp2 maps to the game, more of the fan made maps. there were so many, anyone know any of the avp2 map makers? It was so long ago in 2001 when avp2 came out, and I think that game was way ahead of its time with the way the fans made the maps and put them online. There were over 500 fan made FREE maps with avp2 something that has not been done again in an alien game since 2001!!!

and some of the maps online had intractable doors and switches, and these were from the fan made maps, the ones that shipped with the game did NOT have any intractable things like in suk stronghold did or many of the fan made maps. so basically the fans made better maps then the company who made the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI3eYTWtuss&t=336s
So if anyone is interested let me know. I have some environments I bought you could use. I can make a list up. or if you can make some  from scratch like how they did in avp2. the work they did back then was amazing if you ask me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed