[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 98,640 times)

BlueMarsalis79

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 22, 2021, 07:15:35 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 22, 2021, 06:23:49 PM
Lets not forget that in Predators, it was mentioned that they were practicing this hunting style of abducing prey from various worlds and dump them into their planet game preserve for hundreds of years now, that they pick up new tactics and gear as they go along with every encounter.

I don't think this is quite right, and it was more ambiguous than that. Also it was about the Super Predators, not the Predators.

But Noland said every once in a while when one them got killed by their prey, they get real interested, and they learn quick, adapt, develop a whole new set of skills, armor, weapons or tactics change. Which doesn't really necessarily indicate the Super Predators are copying the prey's fighting styles that killed them, but it just indicates the Super Predators change their ways, so it doesn't happen again. The Super Predators adapt for a particular tactic, strategy, or weapon that the dropped prey used to kill one of them with.

This makes a better case than mirroring, for sure.  There could even be a human hunting season on the Predators hunting planet, possibly a season for other prey as well.  Coming to Earth to hunt man like a redneck after a big buck, maybe City Hunter and Jungle Hunter were just on holiday.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 23, 2021, 12:45:18 PM
Lets not forget that in Predators, it was mentioned that they were practicing this hunting style of abducing prey from various worlds and dump them into their planet game preserve for hundreds of years now, that they pick up new tactics and gear as they go along with every encounter.

I don't think this is quite right, and it was more ambiguous than that. Also it was about the Super Predators, not the Predators.

But Noland said every once in a while when one them got killed by their prey, they get real interested, and they learn quick, adapt, develop a whole new set of skills, armor, weapons or tactics change. Which doesn't really necessarily indicate the Super Predators are copying the prey's fighting styles that killed them, but it just indicates the Super Predators change their ways, so it doesn't happen again. The Super Predators adapt for a particular tactic, strategy, or weapon that the dropped prey used to kill one of them with.

This makes a better case than mirroring, for sure.  There could even be a human hunting season on the Predators hunting planet, possibly a season for other prey as well.  Coming to Earth to hunt man like a redneck after a big buck, maybe City Hunter and Jungle Hunter were just on holiday.

Perhaps!  :)

~ He's in town with a few days to kill! ~

Mr.Turok

Yeah, I thought it was clear I was talking about the Super Predators, hence why I mentioned Falconer. Oh well.

While it doesn't necessarily indicate copying their prey's fighting style, I don't think it leaves the possibility off the table either. After all, in war times, you see many nations/tribes/kingdoms/ect adopt tactics, technology, and weaponry from their enemies if its useful enough. Who's to say one of the Supers didn't saw something that inspired them to try out themselves? It just makes them more resourceful and that much deadlier.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 23, 2021, 01:31:37 PM

Yeah, I thought it was clear I was talking about the Super Predators, hence why I mentioned Falconer. Oh well.
Sorry about that! Alice brought up Predator, Predator 2, and Predators and I was just trying to make the distinction that Super Predator behavior in Predators doesn't necessarily apply to Predators, well, at least without some sort of caveat. :)

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 23, 2021, 01:31:37 PM
While it doesn't necessarily indicate copying their prey's fighting style, I don't think it leaves the possibility off the table either. After all, in war times, you see many nations/tribes/kingdoms/ect adopt tactics, technology, and weaponry from their enemies if its useful enough. Who's to say one of the Supers didn't saw something that inspired them to try out themselves? It just makes them more resourceful and that much deadlier.

Yep, I see your point and that's absolutely fair. When it's ambiguous, I don't think either thought is incorrect or even a mixture of the two.

This is probably a bad example, so I'm not trying to be facetious here, but say one of the dropped prey is skilled with a Jedi Lightsaber that strikes down a Super Predator quite easily. A Super Predator can A) develop his own lightsaber, train and counter him... or B) a Super Predator can develop some sort of EMP proximity weapon to neutralize the lightsaber. Ultimately, it's up to the fan and how their likes and dislikes shape their thoughts, to decide how it goes down. Ambiguity in fandom is fun that way.  :)

ace3g

One of Strauts' IG stories today   

Voodoo Magic

Wysps

Getting some good source material there  8)

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 26, 2021, 10:05:39 PM
I can't see anything.

The site I got the IG story from only hosts the images for a few days.  Here is the pic.

Will the Predator have some wicked awesome bo staff skills in this one?

https://twitter.com/ace3g/status/1386822407701336067

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ace3g on Apr 26, 2021, 11:18:10 PM
I can't see anything.

The site I got the IG story from only hosts the images for a few days.  Here is the pic.

Thank you  :) is that Kyle Strauts? impressive!  8)

ace3g

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 26, 2021, 11:34:58 PM
I can't see anything.

Yeah, those are all from Kyle's IG stories.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ace3g on Apr 26, 2021, 11:36:15 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 26, 2021, 11:34:58 PM
I can't see anything.

Yeah, those are all from Kyle's IG stories.

Woah  :o I'm going to follow him right now.

ace3g

ace3g

Skulls IMDb page updated some of the crew listings:

Production Design by
Kara Lindstrom

**Here is Kara's IG: https://www.instagram.com/karaninalindstrom/ and some of her recent posts

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDtfvIBV8t/

Scouting. Alberta.

Casting By
Rene Haynes

**This makes sense now because I noticed a lot of her IMDb work was for movies with Native Americans.

QuoteRENE HAYNES – Casting Director, is a two-time Emmy Nominee for the TNT/DreamWorks mini-series "Into the West" and the HBO feature "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee", for which she also received the Artios Award for excellence in casting. She is recognized in the entertainment industry as one of the foremost experts in Native American and First Nations casting and consults on many projects, both domestic and foreign.

http://santafefilmfestival.com/index/highlights/panelists/rene-haynes-csa/

***Just found this FB post:

Laurie Oulette
Tsuut'ina Communications
Looking for Horse riders Men ages 20 to 35, In Calgary, Covid test April 26 and April 30 audition, ibm for more info, send pictures and resume to laurieoulette@yahoo.ca I am just helping share the word, middle person.SKULLS
Feature Film
20th Century Studios
SAG-AFTRA
Director: Daniel Trachtenberg
Producer(s): John Davis, Jhane Myers
Writer: Patrick Aison
Casting Director: Rene Haynes
Casting Associate: Elise Buedel
Casting Assistant: Malia Hoff
Start Date: Mid-May 2021

https://www.facebook.com/ttncommunications145/posts/3911706992210890?__cft__
  • =AZWExSTsKVZL32t3c0FMGSwcblBAS7Aofp3Wm5XfKWJFK4HewdeUujXzjPpWWpfXV7vTCQQORtRT3pMzFxF2TCrwGa4wuslU_KM7lP8OMRdkS3gitOWE1VwX1h54oExZXX8&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Editorial Department
    Marigna Bright    ...    Senior Producer: dailies

BigDaddyJohn

The staff thing is cool, but careful how you portray it in the movie, if it's an actual predator that does it. That's the risk with this creature, the more you show it do things the more it can look like a guy in a suit. But it also could be cool if done wisely, not showing too much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed