Disc version with bonus artwork book

Started by tufffta, Dec 29, 2015, 04:11:44 PM

Author
Disc version with bonus artwork book (Read 2,466 times)

tufffta

There is a version of Alien: Isolation disc that includes a bonus paperback artwork book out there. I know one can purchase the book with hard cover separately, but still... Can anyone tell me how to find that disc version with the book and whether it's a PC, PS or XBox one?

predxeno

Are you talking about the Ripley Edition?  If so, then it was only released in a few countries and I know for a fact that the US was NOT one of them.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 20, 2016, 05:40:11 AMAre you talking about the Ripley Edition?  If so, then it was only released in a few countries and I know for a fact that the US was NOT one of them.

The Ripley edition didn't have any book, just the additional Last Survivor bonus level (it's the version I got).

Don't quote me, but I suspect the bonus book is probably either a paperback version of the art book you can buy separately, or a small teaser version of it.

Corporal Hicks

It's a smaller preview book of the Art Of. There's some videos on YouTube. I can never remember what edition it comes in though.

predxeno

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2016, 03:05:38 PM
The Ripley edition didn't have any book, just the additional Last Survivor bonus level (it's the version I got).

That sounds like the Nostromo Edition.

HuDaFuK

The Nostromo Edition only had the Crew Expendable bonus level. The Ripley Edition had the Crew Expendable level and the extra Last Survivor level.

Corporal Hicks

It was probably a regional thing.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2016, 04:55:52 PM
The Nostromo Edition only had the Crew Expendable bonus level. The Ripley Edition had the Crew Expendable level and the extra Last Survivor level.

Actually...

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16422

I believe this is the edition tufffta was asking about.  I don't know what country you live in but in the US, both the Nostromo Edition (with Crew Expendable) and Last Survivor were given away for free to those who pre-ordered the game.

Corporal Hicks

EB is US right?

predxeno

Canada actually, EB Games got bought out by GameStop in the US. :P

Corporal Hicks

So it's a regional thing then. We definitely didn't get the artbook over here with any edition of the game.

predxeno

That's what I figured, one of the reasons I don't think the Ripley Edition was widely distributed was because it wasn't worth the value; the retail edition/(Nostromo edition with pre-order DLC) is $60 while the Ripley Edition was $100, that means that you'd be spending $40 just for the steelbook case and mini art book.  I remember the conversations on this board when this edition was announced and pretty much everyone thought it was a horrible deal.

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 21, 2016, 07:54:05 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2016, 04:55:52 PM

Actually...

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16422

I believe this is the edition tufffta was asking about.  I don't know what country you live in but in the US, both the Nostromo Edition (with Crew Expendable) and Last Survivor were given away for free to those who pre-ordered the game.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat!?!? are you kidding? That's just motherf**king unfair! D: wish I coulda got that in my Ripley edition :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Isolation-Steelbook-Amazon-co-uk-Exclusive/dp/B00KL4PW8K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460282177&sr=8-1&keywords=alien+isolation+steelbook says here it's an amazon exclusive, and still available by the looks of it. I might actually have to buy this, as much as I hate the idea of buying a game I already have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed