Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,350 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 25, 2019, 09:52:31 PM
At least we know how the official Raised by Wolves logo looks like.

Jordan Loughran who plays "Tempest" just posted a nice big version of the logo for you guys. Seems everyone on the cast is taking pics of their trailer name plates now.  :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuYxNhxlz0m/

Ingwar

So many trailers ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You just love those trailers Ingwar, so here's another one just for you. ;)

Quote from: abzysalimBlock one - Romeo done. #RaisedByWolves has started beautifully and I'm super excited for the next blocks to come. Big love to @mrsamandacollin for being such a legend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bubo6EMjYCq/

Ingwar

Thanks 8th.

Bloody hell, they aren't giving my any choice but to buy one trailer for myself :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I wonder if that "Romeo" is a Shakespear reference? And do you know what "block" refers to within the television industry? Episodes?

And lots of new stuff today from the SA Film Academy:

QuoteSA FILM ACADEMY CUB ON RAISED BY WOLVES
SA FILM Academy Training Manager Karabo IdiEmpras Malefo visited the The Good Hope Centre set on the last day of Block 1 of Raised By Wolves, TNT's highly anticipated serialized sci-fi series from master storyteller and filmmaker Ridley Scott "Director/Writer" (The Martian, Blade Runner, Alien: Covenant), which marks his television directorial debut.
The series is currently in production in and around the City of Cape Town and the environs of Cape Town, Western Cape.

Here is an image of Raised By Wolves Unit Manager and industry stalwart Clinto Du Preez posing with SA FILM Academy Unit trainee, Mzingisi Sigquwo.

QuoteHere is an image of Raised By Wolves Lighting Best Boy Philip Mhlabane, Luvo Zhibodi - who came onto RBW as a trainee and has already been upskilled to Lighting Spark(Thank-you Phillip for your mentorship!) and at the back SA FILM Academy Lighting trainee, Thembeleni Namiso.

QuoteHere is an image of Raised By Wolves Block 2 DOP Ross Emery (Thank-you Ross for your mentorship!) and SA FILM Academy Camera trainee Lerato Mabitsela.
No Dariusz Wolski, at least for "Block 2"  :(
IIRC, Ross was second unit DoP on Alien Covenant

QuoteHere is an image of some of the SA FILM Academy pack on the Raised By Wolves shoot. At Left-back is Grip trainee Loyiso Somhlalo; Middle-back is VT trainee Ernest Mpande; Right-back is Sound trainee Sinethemba Nkomonye; Left-front is AD trainee - Sive Runeli and Right-front is Grip trainee Bulelani Tole.

The "Good Hope Centre" is Cape Town's former exhibition hall that was recently converted into one of the world's largest soundstages:

And a crew member's shot of the Good Hope centre interior set taken yesterday:

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 01, 2019, 06:03:51 PM
And do you know what "block" refers to within the television industry? Episodes?

I found this:

QuoteEvery film shoot is divided into five parts:

1. Block – determining where the actors will be on the set and the first camera position

2. Light – time for the DOP to light the set and position the camera for the first shot

3. Rehearse – camera rehearsal of the first set-up with the actors and crew

4. Adjustments – making lighting and other adjustments

5. Shoot – shooting the first scene (then repeat the process)

Blocking a scene is simply "working out the details of an actor's moves in relation to the camera."

You can also think of blocking as the choreography of a dance or a ballet: all the elements on the set (actors, extras, vehicles, crew, equipment) should move in perfect harmony with each other.

More here: https://www.nyfa.edu/film-school-blog/the-5-stages-of-blocking-a-scene/

The Old One

The Old One

Forget the trailer.

I hope we receive amazing, Ridley Scott trademark commentaries, each episode.  ;D

Local Trouble

You know, Jack Horner used to let Dirk Diggler block his own scenes.  I don't know of any other director who would let an actor do that.

TC

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 01, 2019, 10:48:46 PM

I found this:

QuoteEvery film shoot is divided into five parts:

1. Block – determining where the actors will be on the set and the first camera position

2. Light – time for the DOP to light the set and position the camera for the first shot

3. Rehearse – camera rehearsal of the first set-up with the actors and crew

4. Adjustments – making lighting and other adjustments

5. Shoot – shooting the first scene (then repeat the process)

Blocking a scene is simply "working out the details of an actor's moves in relation to the camera."

You can also think of blocking as the choreography of a dance or a ballet: all the elements on the set (actors, extras, vehicles, crew, equipment) should move in perfect harmony with each other.

I don't think that's it.

What is Raised by Wolves, a network commissioned TV show for broadcast? Sometimes if the season is a long one, like more than 20 episodes, it will get broken up into two "sub"-seasons (in my example, 10 episodes each), which means production will take a hiatus in the break, and even the broadcast schedule will have a gap in the middle. Agents of Shield was like this, I think it was 22 episodes broken into 2 chunks, except they called them "pods."

Maybe "block" = "pod" ?

TC

SiL

Yeah, those stages are what you do on-set before each scene or set-up.

Since this series is shot across different locations, the blocks might just refer to major location changes, or as suggested by TC, breaking the episodes into "blocks" for filming.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed