Gash exposed

Started by Gash, Jan 17, 2012, 02:08:32 AM

Author
Gash exposed (Read 28,550 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Te lighting from that scene is reproduced dead-on accurately.
Once again I'm not quite sure how to express. You're amazing.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2012, 01:00:57 AM
i have never told this to anybody before.

start reproducing.

I'll do my best.  :o

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gash on Feb 18, 2012, 12:54:17 AM
Thanks very much. Yes, I do do commissions.

Here's 'Alone in the Dark.' A larger version is on DeviantArt.

@ Alone in the Dark, wow.  That's just freaking... you're going to start a cult any minute now, aren't you? 

You know one of my favorite things to do with the Alien films is to put myself in these creepy little moments that you never really get to see.  How lonely would that be?  Or horrible?  Knowing that your friends were still out there running from this thing that's killing them, while you die a nightmarish, painful, and slow death.

Very nice.  I hope you do more pieces like this in the future.  If you don't hate Alien3, it also provides many eerie "I'm dying alone and the alien has raped me" moments.  Come to think of it so does Aliens.

Exquisite work.

Gash

Gash

Thanks. I'm definitely planning to do more from   A  L  I  E  N,  and Prometheus when the time is right.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Gash on Feb 28, 2012, 03:40:44 AM
Thanks. I'm definitely planning to do more from   A  L  I  E  N,  and Prometheus when the time is right.

yeah you should totally exploit the hype release week.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Pn2501 on Feb 28, 2012, 04:54:49 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 28, 2012, 03:40:44 AM

yeah you should totally exploit the hype release week.

Well, it's not that. It's just that I don't know anything about it, so it's difficult to know what's significant and what would make an interesting take on it. It's a safe bet that the trailer doesn't scratch the surface.

Pn2501

Pn2501

yeah i suppose, although you could actually draw a massive turd with the prometheus logo on it at that point and people would 'eat' it up.   ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

It's dripping with atmosphere. I can hear the flame thrower burping and the wet sounds echoing.

Is this all done digitally or was this begun as a piece of traditional tangible art? Breathtaking.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Jesus Christ. I'd seen a lot of these pictures before, both on the boards and whilst cruising DeviantArt, but I had no idea they were all the same guy, nor that that guy was here!

I love it all so much.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 28, 2012, 05:51:03 AM
It's dripping with atmosphere. I can hear the flame thrower burping and the wet sounds echoing.

Is this all done digitally or was this begun as a piece of traditional tangible art? Breathtaking.

I painted it in gouache, but the whole thing was darkened considerably with some colour adjustment after scanning.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gash on Mar 05, 2012, 06:00:33 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 28, 2012, 05:51:03 AM

I painted it in gouache, but the whole thing was darkened considerably with some colour adjustment after scanning.

Then it's an amazing dance of traditional and digital flavorings. I'm quite looking forward to what you produce in the future. Gouache is a species of water color if I recall? Amazing control over such a fluid medium. You must be one of those beings from Cameron's Abyss.  ;)

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Gash on Feb 18, 2012, 12:54:17 AM
Thanks very much. Yes, I do do commissions.

Here's 'Alone in the Dark.' A larger version is on DeviantArt.

Excellent work. Love the lighting from the flame.

Gash

Gash

"Refinary shockwave" next up.

samoht

samoht

You painted these? That alien hanging in the chains is one of my all time favourite ALIEN pics!

POST EVERYTHING!!!

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Damn fine stuff fella.

Damn fine.

Good painters always make me jealous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed