Kradan is pretty OK at the moment

Started by Kradan, Aug 05, 2020, 07:28:53 AM

Author
Kradan is pretty OK at the moment (Read 60,156 times)

Local Trouble

Kradan

I still remember when there was Lenin's monument at the city's central square. But in 2014 it was taken down and replaced by just metal pole with Ukrainian flag on top of it. To be honest, I liked Lenin's monument more

Kradan

Local Trouble

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Back in the good ol' Cold War days, was there ever a Soviet version of James Bond?

Like a suave, slavic spy who drinks vodka martinis, drives flashy cars and gets all the hot chicks?

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 15, 2021, 04:59:14 PM
Back in the good ol' Cold War days, was there ever a Soviet version of James Bond?

Like a suave, slavic spy who drinks vodka martinis, drives flashy cars and gets all the hot chicks?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stierlitz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 14, 2021, 06:48:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2gH_JY0vw

But it's 2021 now

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Interesting... though he seems a much more mature character, much less of a playboy.

QuoteStierlitz is quite an opposite of the action-oriented James Bond; most of the time he gains his knowledge without any Bond-style stunts and gadgets. Unlike Bond, Stierlitz is devoted to his wife who he deeply loves and despite spending at least ten years as a spy in Germany and having countless chances to sleep with attractive German women remains faithful towards her. The brooding, thoughtful and quiet Stierlitiz who remains devoted to his wife who he has not seen for years reflects a certain Russian ideal of a romantic hero.

Jens noted that Stierlitz is often called the "Russian James Bond" that description is incorrect as the Stierlitz is "...not nearly as cartoonish or formulaic a figure as Agent 007 or indeed the majority of Western, especially American, fictional spies".

They should make a Spy vs. Spy movie. Bond vs. Stierlitz.  ;D

Local Trouble

Kradan

Local Trouble

Weren't you still in diapers back then?

Immortan Jonesy

I used to collect ninja turtles toys when I was 7 years old in the 90s.  :laugh:

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 19, 2021, 07:16:35 PM
Weren't you still in diapers back then?

Ever heard about TV re-runs ?

Local Trouble

Kradan

The saddest boy alive - Roman Stolkartz as Pierrot from 1975 Buratino's Adventures. 

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Buratino is essentially a Soviet rip-off of Pinocchio. Long nose included

[close]

Local Trouble

Does Ukraine get cold like this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed