"Ok, whose next?" - Predator 2

Started by JPredator, Apr 18, 2013, 08:55:31 AM

Author
"Ok, whose next?" - Predator 2 (Read 5,109 times)

JPredator

JPredator

The end scene in Predator 2 where Danny Glover has just defeated City Hunter and then the Red dot appears on his face followed by Predator after Predator de-cloaking infront of him until he is surrounded.....absolutley brilliant.

In my opinion, this scene is probably the best scene in all of the Predator films going by the sheer impact of it on first time viewing.

Although Predator 1 is probably the better film (i think i like Predator 1 and 2 equally), that one scene in Predator 2 gets me everytime.

LOVE THIS FILM.

Whats your favorite scene if you could only pick one?

blood.

blood.

Arnie preparing his traps, constructing his primitive weapons, smearing his mud slowly on his face, and letting out a thunderous war cry to challenge his unseen predatory foe. You know at this point it's finally time to fight back against a seemingly unstoppable foe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcgKjPy0v8#

ScarPredator14

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Apr 18, 2013, 12:38:33 PM
Arnie preparing his traps, constructing his primitive weapons, smearing his mud slowly on his face, and letting out a thunderous war cry to challenge his unseen predatory foe. You know at this point it's finally time to fight back against a seemingly unstoppable foe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcgKjPy0v8#

Agree 8)

Master Chief

Quote from: JPredator on Apr 18, 2013, 08:55:31 AM
The end scene in Predator 2 [...]

Whats your favorite scene if you could only pick one?
Hard to pick just one, but since this your thread, I'd say the end scene as well. I remember thinking that there was no way Harrigan was going to survive.

I thought it was really cool to see all of the different Predators in the same room.

The penthouse scene was good too! ;)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Gotta go with the meat locker scene in Predator 2 and the final fight in Predator 1.

Also Grid vs. Celtic if it counts. Celtic was awesome and should have been the only "big" one out of the three.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I like the scene were Dutch looks like a little kid next to the Predator; the Predator manhandling and beating him up like crazy. Him sounding like a little girl panting when seen from the Predator's POV was neat too. I think it really captured the theme of the movie - there is always someone bigger and badder than you, so drop that machismo and jingoism, get humble and use that bundle of nerves and neurons between your eyes if you want to live.

Really made the Predator look so overwhelmingly superior to us physically, especially since Dutch was portrayed as superior to other humans in the beginning of the movie, lifting cars, pinning people with huge knives and killing baddies by the dozens. Then the Predator arrives and Dutch looks like a scared helpless little boy. Dutch turns from John Rambo to Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone.

AliceApocalypse

Some favorite scenes from each of the Predator movies.

From P1: Toward the end, Dutch is crawling out of the water and BAM the Predators blades are on each side of his neck.

From P2: Gangsters getting slaughtered on the train by City Hunter.  Also, City Hunter is running through some old lady's apartment and you hear the music from Jeopardy playing in the background.

From AVP: Scar's aerial assault on the queen's head with his spear.  Lex alone in the pyramid, she turns around and Scar is standing there.

AVPR: The credits.  JK!  The beginning when Wolf is picking out his weapons.  I also liked the peak at their home world.

Predators: Classic gearing up, also the fight with Hanzo and Falconer.

samoht

samoht

When the first Predator takes it's gear off in front of Dutch and roars. So epic.

Terx2

Terx2

For each film.

Predator: The decloaking out of the water and looks at Dutch but can't see him.

Predator 2: The final battle and revealing the other predators part.

AVP: The beginning to Grid and Celtics face off. Love how Celtic discards Sabastian for a worthy prey ;D

AVP R: The glimpse of the hunter homeworld and the credits ;D

Predators: I'm gonna say two because they're both well done.

1. The assault on the predator camp turn retreat.

2. Classic gearing up pre fight.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always though the guerrilla camp shootout in Predator is not just the best scene in the movie, but one of the best shootouts ever put on film, period - it's absolute carnage from beginning to end.

But as that sequence doesn't actually have much to do with the Predators themselves I think I'd go with the scene the original poster went with at the end of Predator 2. I love how Harrigan just gives up and says, "Who's next?" It's like he knows he doesn't have a hope in hell, but he's just too tired to give a shit.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 17, 2013, 12:49:08 PM
I've always though the guerrilla camp shootout in Predator is not just the best scene in the movie, but one of the best shootouts ever put on film, period - it's absolute carnage from beginning to end.

I love that whole sequence, especially this moment:

see the guerillas fall to the ground almost straight away, yet in the film it cuts back to blain still shooting, then back to the scene with the barrels etc as everything gets torn apart.

Such ridiculous overkill ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: bloodinthemud on May 18, 2013, 05:31:57 AMI love that whole sequence, especially this moment:

Haha yes! That's one of my favourite bits too! The rebels open up with their pea-shooter AKs and then Blain just DECIMATES them with his minigun, firing about 100 rounds more than is necessary and shredding everything vaguely near the bad guys. They never had a chance.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2013, 07:56:22 AM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on May 18, 2013, 05:31:57 AMI love that whole sequence, especially this moment:

Haha yes! That's one of my favourite bits too! The rebels open up with their pea-shooter AKs and then Blain just DECIMATES them with his minigun, firing about 100 rounds more than is necessary and shredding everything vaguely near the bad guys. They never had a chance.

you never were that smart

:P

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Predator - Ahnold's war cry
Predator 2 - City Hunter vs. King Willy
AVP - Celtic vs. Grid (for the most part)
AVPR - Wolf in the scoutship wreckage
Predators - Classic gearing up

leon

leon

Predator - Mac's speech to a fallen Blain.
Predator 2 - king willy vs Predator.
AVP - Celtic Predator vs Grid Alien.
AVP 2 - The Wolf using the whip.
Predators - Hanzo vs Falconer.

Scene I would have loved to see - Billy vs Predator on the log.........oh yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed