Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 35,309 times)

Gacu666

Gacu666

QuoteIt is pretty obvious what it did....

Yeah cause every woman raped breathes heavily in ecstasy.

QuoteNo it's not.  Some people say the tail 'raped' her, but if we take Brett's original death into account (hinted at in Lambert's demise) the tail stabs her in the back and ragged breathing can be put down to a punctured lung.

I'm all for that.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 22, 2007, 08:34:44 PM
None of the sounds the Alien made in Alien were ever used again. Period. The screams and that odd eerie ambient sound, like thousands of roaches climbing on each other? Gone.

Yeah.  I really liked that sound it made when it opened it's mouth when it was attacking Brett. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gacu666 on Oct 23, 2007, 02:57:09 PM
Yeah cause every woman raped breathes heavily in ecstasy.

It's more like a woman suffering through the painful sensation of childbirth.

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 23, 2007, 03:08:59 PM
Yeah.  I really liked that sound it made when it opened it's mouth when it was attacking Brett.

I thought the 'Donald Duck impression' sounded silly, personally. :) It was seemingly a way to try and copy the sound the chestburster made, which fit that stage, but doesn't sound right when coming from the much larger and completely different creature. I prefer the hydraulic hisses and metal sliding against metal, they sound more in character.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 23, 2007, 04:08:06 PM

I thought the 'Donald Duck impression' sounded silly, personally. :) It was seemoingly a way to try and copy the sound the chestburster made, which fit that stage, but doesn't sound right when coming from the much larger and completely different creature. I prefer the hydraulic hisses and metal sliding against metal, they sound more in character.

I really cannot understand how you made the connection with that alien sound and the sound of the chestburster.  It did not sound similar at all.  Maybe we are hearing different things.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Oct 23, 2007, 12:40:27 AM
QuoteIt is pretty obvious what it did....

No it's not.  Some people say the tail 'raped' her, but if we take Brett's original death into account (hinted at in Lambert's demise) the tail stabs her in the back and ragged breathing can be put down to a punctured lung.

I always thought this was what went down, a tail through the back, it never once entered my head she was getting an alien tail up her ass. Well not until i came on these forums!  :P

Gates

Gates

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 23, 2007, 09:57:43 PM
I always thought this was what went down, a tail through the back, it never once entered my head she was getting an alien tail up her ass. Well not until i came on these forums!  :P

Yeah but you can't deny that if it did tail-rape her, it would be priceless...I know there is no concrete evidence of what exactly it did to her...but I always like to imagine that it did tail-rape her, it just makes the alien that much more disturbing for me...personally the bloody hanging legs with no pants sealed it for me... ;D

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 22, 2007, 08:34:44 PM
None of the sounds the Alien made in Alien were ever used again. Period. The screams and that odd eerie ambient sound, like thousands of roaches climbing on each other? Gone.

"Aliens" is a much better model for the alien's sounds though. The alien while in the narcissus made some horribly stupid noises.(i know it was 1979, relatively low budget, but still)

SM

SM

The Narcisussus 'screaming' was way better than any other Alien sound in any other film.

QuoteIt's more like a woman suffering through the painful sensation of childbirth.

My missus ddn't sound the slightest bit like Lambert.

Thank Christ...

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 21, 2007, 12:03:39 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 20, 2007, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: Gates on Oct 20, 2007, 06:47:21 AM
Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 01:34:02 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6515/scan0002jk2.jpg

Everytime I look at that alien I get insulted...it's just ridiculous...first off it looks like the alien is smiling, it's looking to make out with Wolf...LAME...and also the damn dorsal tubes are hanging like limp di<ks...LAME... :-X

Is it really that hard to pull off a half decent alien? Seriously... :-\
I have to agree, but the thing I find the most insulting, is the Alien's small stature. Even if he's slightly crouched (which, typically, human gestated Alien warriors are about a foot taller than preds when standing upright) his body size is way too small.

Is that how Wolf is able to take on so many Alien warrior's. He's fighting Alien "midgets"? Or is he on some kind of steroid? I just hope the Strause Bros. don't screw up these two beloved creatures, let alone the movie. Because there'll be hell to pay. lol

The aliens in Aliens were short. They looked tall because of the angles, and that picture there is NOT in the film in that angle.
Behind the scenes... yes. In-universe... no. Limitations on time, budget and fx tech played a big part into what was and wasn't done in Aliens. In-universe, they're about 8' tall. Reality, they were played by average size people in costumes. There was a lifesize alien warrior "puppet" Cameron used in a few scenes, though.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Correct!

Tundro

Tundro

What is with you guys and the whole alien rape thing?  The aliens are already nasty enough with their heads looking like something out of the male crotch and we all know what the face hugger's underside looks like.  Giger designed a creepy looking creature not a rapist lol. ;D

This is a little off topic I know but someone had to say it.

SM

SM

It ain't just a river in Egypt....

QuoteReality, they were played by average size people in costumes.

Every time they interact with a human they're portrayed as being a lot bigger.  And Tommy Boy ain't 8 feet tall.

John-Kormag III

John-Kormag III

QuoteThe aliens in Aliens were short. They looked tall because of the angles, and that picture there is NOT in the film in that angle.
the hobbits in LOTR were people of normal size too - don't you say that the hoppits in PJ's movie are too tall? ))

holdtheline

holdtheline

Bear in mind that the "small" Alien in that photo is next to a Pred that's over 7 and a half feet tall.  The Alien's still huge, probably about 7 feet tall.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 23, 2007, 04:08:06 PM
I thought the 'Donald Duck impression' sounded silly, personally.
Say wha?

The sound of the Alien's mouth opening and the sound of the chestburster were nothing alike. One was a high pitched scream, the only was a low rasping sound. like breathing out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed