AvP Trailer Finally Online

Started by Darkness, Jun 16, 2004, 10:01:30 PM

Author
AvP Trailer Finally Online (Read 38,653 times)

Norfair86

Norfair86

Do you guys think that the new vision mode is maybe an advancement over the one that the Pred used in Predator 2? (which took place in 1997) or more of... i don't know, i liked to think of it as maybe another kind of heat signature detection. Hard to tell. You know, kinda like a Ford to a Chevy - just anothe type... just trying to make sense of it all.

Barreth

Barreth

It might have to do with the fact that they are young and inexperienced.. but I wouldnt say they would be cloaking more.. if anything, the trailer is an example of cloaking less.. Why would a pred stalk a group of humans with machine guns uncloaked.. if anything, I think it's an example of them under estimating their prey... hence... them being inexperienced...  and as far as the bridge/ chasm jumps are concerned... they look fine... they look awesome... so quit ur b*tching...

Z

Z

Just i quick note the guy that see scar and fire is not the one that gets the spear, its Max Stafford (Played bye Tommy Flanagan).And if you look closely you see that just beafor he gets the spear he gest net,pretty sweet.  And in a nother shot in the trailer near the end you see a glimps of scar turning and hes holding a spear thats made out of a Alien tail, surley the spear that Lex is gona get leather.  Conserning the Predator leaping we dint see the hole sen, just some part of the sen, so we mite see him

Z

Z

Conserning the Predator leaping we dint see the hole sen, just some part of the sen, so we mite see him getting a srart run.   8)  

Variable

Variable

I guess that they would underestimate their prey. But once they get shot at and relized they mean buisness they would probably get pretty cloak happy. I would unless i was trying to prove something. If they are trying to prove something and all have individual personalities I dont think we should be going after them and trying to catch them.

Xersues

Xersues

Do you honestly think those scenes are in the movie exactly the way they are on the trailer?   The ugly son of a ------ part is probably in there a different way. They don't put exactly what the movie has in trailers anymore. I bet you half that stuff was concept or taken out of the real movie. Trust me I'm sure we are all in for a good surprise    8)     :)     ;D  

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

actually Max Stafford is (Colin Salmon) and he gets netted, not speared, its just clever editing, and the guy who gets speared isnt tommy flanagan, tommy has dark hair while the guy who does sorta has light hair and it doesnt even look like him!

Uropygi

Uropygi

What movie was that score from? I've definantly heared it somewhere before! I wonder if it's from The Matrix: Revolutions?

EvilAndy

EvilAndy

That blonde women with the crazy hair with the accent and that scientist better die early in the movie, they appear to be Jar Jar Binks equivalants just from that single scene that's in all the trailers.  Not my cup of tea but oh well.  The predator jump looks bad too, I mean it looks like it's just being pulled along by a chord.  Thats not very convincing to see something just fly perfectly vertical to the other side.  Oh well, the movie's already got some downsides but I don't think it'll be all that bad overall.

Cetanu

Cetanu

I'd like to add something on the whole notion that these young Yautja are cloaking less. With the vast amounts of knowledge the Predators should have obtained by hunting Aliens for so many hundreds of years, they should have figured out that an Alien doesn't stalk using eyesight, they utilize smell. They sense the distinct odor that a Yautja gives off and uses that to detect them, making cloaking quite useless, but against humans, it grants near perfect invisibility. Even though one might argue that the shimmering gives a Yautja away to an alert human, the cloaking suit only reacts this way because the imaging computers cant keep up with the rapid movements of a Yautja, but if he ever stopped moving and remained perfectly still, you would never spot him. How cool is that!

EvilAndy

EvilAndy

Oh the jumps have been "discussed" already, or defended rather.  the pred jump is the only one that strikes me as hard to grasp.  It needs a little more of an arch to it.  Oh well.  People can criticize if they want to, as well as defend.  I certainly don't see the need for people to call others looney or any other term just for criticizing.  Although, don't bother explaining your reasoning of the jump too me, I'll just see the movie eventually and get the full shot.  I'm pretty confident no one here has seen the movie in full to explain to me the scene in it's complexity.

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

A couple of interesting things I have observed: 1. At around 0:54 in the trailer, lex and a fragment of the team are in shot. Look at around the centre of the screen and you will notice some glowing green. I think it is probably predator blood. It is possible that the gunfight one saw previously, injured the predator involved and lex and that part of the team are investigating where it went and possibly following the trail of blood. (predator 1 anyone?) 2. At around 1:08 of the trailer, there is a shot of part of the hive I presume. Look in the background and you can see a couple of humans effectively stuck on the wall and have either been 'facehugged' or are in fact waiting to be 'facehugged'.  3. At around 1:17 of the trailer, one can see the uncoiling alien tail and in the background is possibly the flashlight from a human investigating it. It is possible the alien is attracting the human's attention to later capture/kill him/her. (similar with the candles in Alien 3). 4. Not an observation, more like a very positive comment. Look at 1:28 of the trailer and you will see an alien to the right of the screen crawling down on an unsuspecting predator. (This reminds me of the AVP games as well as what the Alien does before greeting Breet with his teeth).  5. Notice at 1:39 in the trailer the Predator either pushing or hitting the human preety hard and him going flying. It seems like the same actor who was interview about his meeting and subsequent combat with the predator. This particular segment also links with the still of the predator seeming to 'calm down' the poor guy, although obviously it seems to be the after-effect of the hit. Also this links with the MTV video where the predator lands and stands right in front of this person, making him look like a dwarf. This segment also possibly links with 1:49 in the trailer where this character hits the predator with a log (remember predator) 1 with no effect, actually breaking the log on the predator's arm with the predator not even flinching! I love that shot! 6. At 1:43 in the movie when Lex attacks (likely to be a predator) with a spear the next shot of the (I believe its the Celtic, Please correct me if I am wrong) predator, is of it grabbing the spear or her and moving her out the way. Its as if he doesn't want to kill don't you think? 7. At 1:51 of the movie you see a predator's legs get taken from under him and he falls on his back and head rather stupidly. (it is likely to be Celtic predator judging by his mask, again please correct me if I am wrong) Anway look at his mask and you will see the 3 scratch masks on the mask which the predator sustained and can be seen at 1:25 in the trailer. I think it is possible that the predator possibly manages to fight off the alien but only for a short time. but the alien changes tactics and uses stealth to eliminate/incapacitate its pray. OR it could be another alien altogether. Who knows? 8. Look at 1:53 of the trailer and you will see the 'face-hugger matrix shot' as I like to call it.    :)   You will notice that shot is likely to be the 'sacrificial chamber' mentioned previously in trailer. If you look carefully in the background you may see a yellow object. It is possible that object is a jacket and it belongs to the scientist in glasses near the 1:00 mark. It seems to me like he is cowering in fear and is a great link to alien and aliens where many characters are scared of the face-huggers. If you look even closely there are a few more face-huggers and it seems like the security officer with the pistol (the blond-haired lady) will not be able to protect them from the face huggers. It is possible these two characters will be face-hugged.  Thats it on my comments and observations. Sorry if I have bored you! If I have repeated what anyone has said, my apoligies. Overall I love the trailer and am looking forward to the film.

[ M E T R O I D 9 9 8 9 ]

[ M E T R O I D 9 9 8 9 ]

CAN'T WAIT :D

EvilAndy

EvilAndy

At 0:54 I thing that might be a glow stick, there appears to be a handle but it's not clear.

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

Good eye EvilAndy. You are right, I can see the handle/s. Sorry about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed