When was your last 100% satisfactory experience with Alien, Predator and AVP?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 27, 2020, 12:14:09 AM

With which film specifically?

Alien
6 (20.7%)
Aliens
13 (44.8%)
Alien³
6 (20.7%)
Alien: Resurrection
1 (3.4%)
Prometheus
4 (13.8%)
Alien: Covenant
2 (6.9%)
Predator
6 (20.7%)
Predator 2
5 (17.2%)
Predators
8 (27.6%)
The Predator
1 (3.4%)
AVP
7 (24.1%)
AVP: Requiem
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author
When was your last 100% satisfactory experience with Alien, Predator and AVP? (Read 2,662 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2020, 03:16:03 AM
I try to keep the two franchises separate and I wish they always had been.

But if it was so where would you post this then ?

Predators.

Prometheus is still kinda "meh" for me. Covenant took a few months for me to appreciate it. The Predator - even I can't say it was 100 % satisfaction

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on May 28, 2020, 06:41:18 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2020, 03:16:03 AM
I try to keep the two franchises separate and I wish they always had been.

But if it was so where would you post this then ?

I'm sure there would be an Alienverse site forum nowadays even if AvP never gained any traction.

The Cruentus

Alien
Aliens
Predator

I was also satisified with Predator 2 and Predators but there is only three choices.

Kradan

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 28, 2020, 11:52:06 AM
Alien
Aliens
Predator

I was also satisified with Predator 2 and Predators but there is only three choices.

QuoteWhen was your last 100% satisfactory experience with Alien, Predator and AVP?

The Cruentus

Quote from: Kradan on May 28, 2020, 12:08:54 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 28, 2020, 11:52:06 AM
Alien
Aliens
Predator

QuoteWhen was your last 100% satisfactory experience with Alien, Predator and AVP?

Aliens
Predator

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

For me it would have to be Predators. It has some small issues that I'd change, but nothing on the level of the AvPs or prequel films. I really do love Predators.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2020, 01:22:13 PM
For me it would have to be Predators. It has some small issues that I'd change, but nothing on the level of the AvPs or prequel films. I really do love Predators.

Will we ever know their fate?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I hope so I really wish we had gottten a sequel to that movie instead of The Predator.

Voodoo Magic

A Predator sequel is a meal that doesn't exist!

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I can't see it ever happening, unfortunately. I like to pretend the sequel comic never happened either. I just hope someone else will try to tie it up in the EU at some point.

[cancerblack]

Most recent including re-watches: watching Res last year with a friend who has come around to my way of seeing things and discussing the effects, lore etc in the process.

Most recent first-watch in the "had a blast but can admit there are flaws" category: Both Prommy and Covvie.

Most recent first-time experience that was absolutely mind blowing: Not recent at all, it was AvP2(PC).

Honourable mention to AvP:R because I was a teenager and went with a pair of easily scared girls, so that was cool regardless of the movie itself.

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2020, 12:18:21 AM
AvP.

I was 13 when it came out.

What the f**k, I have always thought you were a couple years older than me.

Iseijin

Predators was not a great movie - but dammit if it wasn't entertaining and was a good spiritual successor to the original 1987 Predator. In fact, the team was only allowed to reference the original Predator movie when filming Predators, so that echo familiarity is there. Aside, it really showed a different aspect of yautja lore we hadn't seen beyond other media (comics, novels): the Bad Blood/Super Predators. At this point, we, the audience, knew what a 'good' yautja was based on their background of the Honor Code and strict traditions, so when we were exposed to the 'bad' ones we knew exactly who to hate (Beserker and company) and who to cheer for (Crucified/Classic Predator). Aside, it was the one true Predator on Predator fight that actually felt on even ground, and that first time watching it was anyone's guess which of the two would win. A heightened tension lost in The Predator, because of course the Augmented Predator would win, he's a hulking behemoth, where's the fun in that? 

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Iseijin on Jun 04, 2020, 03:46:32 AM
Predators was not a great movie - but dammit if it wasn't entertaining and was a good spiritual successor to the original 1987 Predator. In fact, the team was only allowed to reference the original Predator movie when filming Predators, so that echo familiarity is there. Aside, it really showed a different aspect of yautja lore we hadn't seen beyond other media (comics, novels): the Bad Blood/Super Predators. At this point, we, the audience, knew what a 'good' yautja was based on their background of the Honor Code and strict traditions, so when we were exposed to the 'bad' ones we knew exactly who to hate (Beserker and company) and who to cheer for (Crucified/Classic Predator). Aside, it was the one true Predator on Predator fight that actually felt on even ground, and that first time watching it was anyone's guess which of the two would win. A heightened tension lost in The Predator, because of course the Augmented Predator would win, he's a hulking behemoth, where's the fun in that?

Predators is a love letter to Predator. The echoes are there; from the classic Predator, through the setting to the River Ghost.

Then comes The Predator in all its glory and majesty.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 04, 2020, 05:49:45 AM
Predators is a love letter to Predator. The echoes are there; from the classic Predator, through the setting to the River Ghost.

That's actually a bit of a myth. The River Ghost is more a tribute to Guyver than the Hunter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed