Box Office: The Failure Of ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Is Terrible News For ‘Alien’

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 19, 2019, 06:34:11 AM

Author
Box Office: The Failure Of ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Is Terrible News For ‘Alien’ (Read 6,942 times)

Local Trouble

Reese was supposed to be in his early 20s in 2029.  The war started in 1997.  The math isn't hard.

D. Compton Ambrose

Maybe people will start managing their expectations better? (Probably not, but we can hope). It was 'meh' but it wasn't terrible like Genesys. I think all of this ranting about how terrible Covenant is is a bit overblown? It wasn't as shit on as Alien3 was, or The Predator for that matter. I don't think there will be another for awhile anyway.

razeak

So he got rid of Reese and John Connor? What an unimaginable douche.

Kel G 426

T-850 claimed to have killed John in the future in T3.  He was scripted to die in Salvation. He was effectively killed at the beginning of Genisys. Now they've used the likeness of Edward Furlong to kill him as a kid in Dark Fate. God damn, the writers really wanted him dead, didn't they?

But overall, I'm not mad at the Terminator franchise. I loved T3 and found the rest to be serviceable. Killing young John was just as stupid as killing Newt, but at least he survives in an already established alternate continuity I can fall back on. Genisys rebooting the timeline was unnecessary, but it did have the courtesy to bring the story full circle in the opening act before doing so.

On topic, yeah, it's a shame that Dark Fate wasn't more successful because the wrong lesson will be learned. Instead of making an alternate Alien 3 and doing it RIGHT, they just won't make it at all.

426Buddy

D. Compton Ambrose

I never liked John Connor in T2, so I might be biased in that I don't think it was what was wrong with Dark Fate (I liked it a LOT better than Genesys but I digress)

Huggs

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jun 26, 2020, 02:01:12 PM
...it's a shame that Dark Fate wasn't more successful because the wrong lesson will be learned. Instead of making an alternate Alien 3 and doing it RIGHT, they just won't make it at all.

Wouldn't matter. Any movie they'd make like that would just be called Alien 5.

"Alien 3" is the 3rd movie...forever.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed