PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 56,727 times)

Xenomorphine

This will hopefully quieten those who've been stubbornly insisting that all the millions of deliberate continuity references, like Weyland, were supposedly not meant to be taken literally...

Ultramorph

He should take one from the Blomkamp playbook and release some concept art now.

Doggo33

I don't care, I'm not seeing it.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 24, 2015, 05:23:24 PM
If it was just Paradise Lost, the average Joe wouldn't know that it's related to Prometheus. I can see the reasoning behind it. They should have done the same thing with the first movie.

Yeah but that's no difference to the average joe not knowing Prometheus was related to Alien. I never believed this movie was ever going to be called 'Prometheus 2', I fully expected it to just be 'Paradise'. But putting the Alien moniker in there seems contrived, considering how endlessly Scott and co have insisted this its its own franchise.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Fox enforced thing after Blomkamp's film was approved.

HuDaFuK

So I guess you were talking rubbish when you said the sequels were gonna move further away from Alien...

I really get the feeling this film's gonna be just as much of a mess as the first one.

jOHN vOWLES

Ridly Scott should call it Prometheus 2 Paradise Lost not Alien: Paradise Lost what a shame " (

Kenneth

Prometheus was the name of the ship, which is no more. Make sense to me that they would drop the name.

predxeno

So the Prometheus sequel will be titled Alien: Paradise Lost, but it will feature no connections at all to Alien.  Is anybody else getting mixed signals here?  Unless proven otherwise, I really get the feeling that Ridley is trying to milk the Alien franchise's logo rather than tell a decent story.

Xenoscream

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttttt?

Tough little S.O.B.

ZzzzZZzzZzzZZZzzzzZZZZzzZZzzzZZZZzzzZZzzZZZZZzzZZzzZZZzzz...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2015, 07:09:12 PMUnless proven otherwise, I really get the feeling that Ridley is trying to milk the Alien franchise's logo rather than tell a decent story.

Given what a u-turn this is from "the sequels will move even further away from Alien", I'm inclined to agree.

I did read something interesting in one report suggesting he might just be using the name to try and delay the Blomkamp film. No evidence, just the reporter thinking out loud.

Adam802

Well, I guess it's good to have "Alien" in the title. 

Bet really, just give me a good Alien V.

locusta

I'm tempted to say: " I'm done with that shit!"

Xenoscream

It's hard to know if this is a studio cash in decision... they know Prometheus got a lukewarm reception, perhaps they think sticking Alien in the title will be good for ticket sales...

After how they screwed the jockey origins (incomprehensible alien to bald dude) I don't think they could do more damage, so if this is a change in direction perhaps it is a good thing...

I guess we won't know until some plot details surface. Also saw that it's been reported as March 2016 release?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed