Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 169,118 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2009, 06:54:42 AM
A six foot dude on an apple crate wouldn't look right in front of Arnie.

Good thing we're not in front of Arnie anymore.

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

"22 days of the film's total 53 days"

.......doesnt look as the longest filming time ever taken

Master

Master

...f**k...

Where is Johny handsome, It`s time for him to get worried too. Average sized guys as Predators who are going to be edited in by CGI? I'm just not sure. In both P1/2 Preds were normally played on set and it looked good. Why to change it?

Also Predator dogs are confirmed. I wonder how they`ll look?

Pinkman

Pinkman

Why are you already worried? You don't even know how they look or how those guys were used for the shooting there and for what purpose, you just have a vague report who saw the crew hanging out, and the movie is now officially crap ? Amazing, guys. Besides, the report also says there was no "predators" involved during the filming of the scenes apparently, so...

Wait for stills and teasers before jumping to conclusions... I'll accept the critics when it will be based on something concrete. Now I'm just hearing kids whining.

Preddy Krueger

Preddy Krueger

It was definitely mentioned that Predators were not involved in the shooting of the film in Hawaii. In this case, it is possible that the average sized actors wearing Predator costumes were used as reference points and to help guide the actors. It is also possible that some of the crew members just showed up at the bar in the costumes KNB designed just for the heck of it and are really not playing the Predators.

If you really think about it though, we really will not notice the Predators' size in any sequence other than those that place them in shots that consist of the humans alongside them for size comparison. With a few camera tricks involved, we will not notice the Predators' actual height in POV shots, scenes where the humans aren't in the same shot as the Predator, sequences where the Predator is crouching, running or jumping from tree to tree.

If the Predators are actually played by average sized guys then KNB will have to use scaling techniques such as those used in LOTR to make the humans look smaller or the Predators look bigger. One of the few merits of RR's draft, the Black Predator was described to be 'bigger and impossibly strong' so if the SBP is the same as the 'Black Predator' which is likely then KNB will surely have to use scaling techniques to make the Predator look a lot taller.

It was mentioned that the Predators are going to be inserted through CGI for scenes completed in the Hawaii shoot and this is somewhat of a worrisome factor but I think these scenes are composed of cloaked Predators running or doing incredible jumps alongside POV shots. Considering that the character of Nolan is yet to be cast, they may not have hired any actors to play the Predator yet as well. Hence in this case it would be a good idea to contact RR and have him bring Ian Whyte onboard. Now we all are assuming that Derek Mears is playing the Predator but he himself isn't revealing what part he is playing so for all we know he could be playing the baddie Royce hunts down during the opening.

Anyway, there was some good news present in those articles - the weapons. Royce is definitely going to kick some serious butt with the AA-12 shotgun which is a killer weapon and possibly the most deadly shotgun ever made! Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

I don't think Royce will even consider melee combat against a Predator given the bad ass killing machine he has on his hands!

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Exactly Preddy, people no need to get our panties in a bunch just yet!

Trey Smith

Trey Smith

as much as i hate it i think they are going to do what they did in 300. the guy that was King Xerxes was only 6'3 but the made him look like he has 7'6 when he stood next to King Leonidas.if they make it as good as this we should be okay.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWhere is Johny handsome, It`s time for him to get worried too. Average sized guys as Predators who are going to be edited in by CGI? I'm just not sure. In both P1/2 Preds were normally played on set and it looked good. Why to change it?
I'm not worried at all, because how is it possible that they weren't actual Predator costumes on the big island yet the actors who played them?

Those were just used as reference for the actors to have something on the set, and if that means that they will be cloaked later on or digitally enhance them to make them look tall I'm all for it.

You don't notice stuff like that anymore anyway.
And from the dog description scene it looks like they brought in also dogs from earth, because they find cages with parachutes attached to them, so either they brought in dogs from earth or alien dogs from another planet.

All looks good.

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 05, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2009, 06:54:42 AM
A six foot dude on an apple crate wouldn't look right in front of Arnie.

nice...
are you going to point out next that they could use stools instead of apple crates?

SM

SM

QuoteWhy is that the only alternative?

It's not - it's just the most frequent complained about alternative.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 05, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
True.

But 6'9" guys on apple crates didn't even work for AvP. And that was against regular sized people.

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2009, 10:10:11 PM
But 6'9" guys on apple crates didn't even work for AvP. And that was against regular sized people.

yeah
clearly one of the things the second movie did better than first was the predator's appearance, pretty sure the guy who played wolf was 7 foot plus

SiL

SiL

It was Ian Whyte, who was also in the first AvP.

They just slimmed the suits right back.

magical_boy

magical_boy

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2009, 10:47:18 PM
It was Ian Whyte, who was also in the first AvP.

They just slimmed the suits right back.

who r the 6'9 guys u're referring to?

SiL

SiL

Stunt men.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed