Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,397 times)

whiterabbit

Heh, just because the land is void of creatures doesn't mean the ocean isn't full of horror. Although I really think they'll be two types of alien, sans the neomorph.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 04, 2017, 10:28:33 AM
Heh, just because the land is void of creatures doesn't mean the ocean isn't full of horror. Although I really think they'll be two types of alien, sans the neomorph.

When I saw the trailer, I thought it could be void because of whatever David may have done to the Engineers, it could've had the same effect on the wildlife too.

Maybe before his arrival, that place would've been teeming with life.

Cavalorn

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 04, 2017, 10:38:04 AMWhen I saw the trailer, I thought it could be void because of whatever David may have done to the Engineers, it could've had the same effect on the wildlife too.

I have the horrible feeling that there's a 'six days of Creation' allegory at work here. By day 4, according to the Biblical myth, the world had day and night and plants all over it, but no fish or animals yet.

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Mar 04, 2017, 05:09:17 AM
ugh...... the cgi Alien looked worse than a lot of the special effects used in the space hunter movie

fraggle rock has more realism than this garbage , at least in fraggle rock you could believe in the creatures and the atmosphere ........ can't believe Scott greenlit that downgraded , completely unrealistic and pathetic creature

total loss of faith in my entire adulthood moving forward from this point .

honestly the worst thing to ever come from the " mind " of a human being .........

bring back the ballet dancers in rubber suits if you ask me .

David's horrifying final creations revealed!  :o

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 04, 2017, 10:38:04 AMWhen I saw the trailer, I thought it could be void because of whatever David may have done to the Engineers, it could've had the same effect on the wildlife too.

I kinda got that impression too. Maybe not David per se, but something had caused all the wildlife to disappear.

whiterabbit

The planet got nuked with black goo one way or another. Be it war or an evil android. Be neat if all the aliens are hibernating in a giant cave though... something akin to "At the Mountains of Madness" when Daniels, the only survivor peers over the edge to see "all of it".

Though surprising that the black good doesn't wipe out the plants as well.

windebieste

It's just speculation at the moment.  As far as we know, the Engineers made more than just humans.  Maybe all vegetation we are familiar with comes from them as well.  Maybe wheat was engineered on Paradise and brought here?  We don't know just yet. 

We do know that Scott isn't thinking small.  I get that.   I just hope he isn't thinking clumsy, like he did with 'PROMETHEUS'.  A movie of Grand Ideas and Ambition wrapped in coating of Stupid.  'PROMETHEUS' wasn't far from being an amazing movie all round, it just fell short in a few areas.  Key areas, at that.  Sadly, areas that just a little script doctoring could have greatly repaired.

I'm hoping 'ALIEN: Covenant' doesn't follow too closely in those footsteps.   There's so much about this entry that looks like it's set to redefine the series in a positive way.  I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

-Windebieste.

juxtapose

. .i don't think it.s gonna dissapoint. .speaking of wheat. .there are some healthy mother sized kernals on those wheats. . .what else intrigiud me about the new trailer. . Ah the alien headbutting the window. .thats some pretty tough glass. . .and i thought it was quite clever that it used it's head for a change. .and how clever of me to use that pun. .if i have to say so myself. .lol. .anyway i don't think the tiny jaw would have fared well. .would have looked silly if it was biting the glass. .asuming it even has a tiny jaw. .just cannot quite imagine it would have enought force to smash a glass that thick and strong. .back of a scull. .seems plausible enought. .

acrediblesource

What if we start a meme going did Alien Covenant Kill Prometheus? and send the internet community in a frenzy and then for all time new Alien movies and sequels will KILL their predecessors because we started this viral thought experiment.

Vermillion

Wheat was planted by Shaw and David.

ChrisPachi

You can't patch an ass-hat story with more aliens, and all I see is more aliens. I really hope that this is a meaningful sequel. Scott riled up the horse, let's see him ride it like he means it.

And why are there no animals? Already this film makes no sense...

426Buddy

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 06, 2017, 01:16:34 PM

Just from the trailer we can assume that whatever happened to the engineers on Paradise also happened to the animals.

Evanus

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 06, 2017, 01:21:46 PM

Just from the trailer we can assume that whatever happened to the engineers on Paradise also happened to the animals.
What I don't get, is that in Prometheus the black goo on LV-223 mutates everything it makes contact with. In Alien Covenant it doesn't mutate the engineers and the animals, it simply kills them. However, it does mutate some of the plants... Doesn't make much sense.

426Buddy

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 06, 2017, 01:28:33 PM

What I don't get, is that in Prometheus the black goo on LV-223 mutates everything it makes contact with. In Alien Covenant it doesn't mutate the engineers and the animals, it simply kills them. However, it does mutate some of the plants... Doesn't make much sense.

Spoiler
I'm expecting that the animal life and the engineers were killed during or right after exposure to the goo. Probably by some kind of quarantine procedure, one that seems to petrify on contact.
[close]

Evanus

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 06, 2017, 01:31:21 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 06, 2017, 01:28:33 PM

Spoiler
I'm expecting that the animal life and the engineers were killed during or right after exposure to the goo. Probably by some kind of quarantine procedure.
[close]
Yeah, that makes more sense. Could also explain why some of the corpses have a very active posture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed