The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,104 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Embargo for set-visits usually lift 2-3 months prior to film release (currently 5 months out).

Quote from: ace3g on Apr 06, 2017, 12:20:54 AM
They are allowing set-visits (guy is editer chief for JoBlo)  should get some interesting articles once embargo lifts.

https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/status/849712966610157569

*changed title. Hicks.

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/joblocom/status/994708083883593728

These elements have mostly been kept a secret, but when I was on the set of The Predator last year, Boyd Holbrook admitted to one of the blockbuster's connections while talking about his character's reaction to meeting an alien:

Spoiler
QuoteI've seen something, and maybe there is a familiarity. I wouldn't want to say that he's a UFO conspiracy theorist, but he's heard of things and seen things, and that may be a reference to the original. So that's the reference to the original, which we are of keeping in lineage.
[close]

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2418141/one-key-way-the-predator-will-link-back-to-the-original-according-to-boyd-holbrook

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for these 2, ace. Gonna give these a read over and post shortly. I've got a feeling a lot of these might get lost within all the trailer posts.

Just checked the other big outlets and seems no-one else has released yet.

I'm about halfway through Black's interview on JoBlo and I'm just f**king in love with him now. He's on my wavelength. The Predator story has a huge amount of versatility and making use of it.

"It's the ambitiousness of not wanting to stay small and just wanting to pack as many different possibilities."

Him wanting to take the Predator's up against people who aren't this image of perfection based on "physical appearance and muscles."

Yeah...Shane I was a little apprehensive about how some of the more controversial aspects were going to be handled but damn, you've got me now. Complete faith.

marrerom

marrerom

This trailer was great. I really like the tone, characters, and direction that Shane is taking this film in. I always had high hopes for this movie ever since I heard he was attracted to write and direct (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Ironman 3, and The Nice Guys were excellent movies). His explanation for the super predators we saw in Predators is cool and expands the mythology in a way that subverted my expectations. I seriously can't wait to see this thing.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2018, 07:57:06 AM
Thanks for these 2, ace. Gonna give these a read over and post shortly. I've got a feeling a lot of these might get lost within all the trailer posts.

Just checked the other big outlets and seems no-one else has released yet.

I'm about halfway through Black's interview on JoBlo and I'm just f**king in love with him now. He's on my wavelength. The Predator story has a huge amount of versatility and making use of it.

"It's the ambitiousness of not wanting to stay small and just wanting to pack as many different possibilities."

Him wanting to take the Predator's up against people who aren't this image of perfection based on "physical appearance and muscles."

Yeah...Shane I was a little apprehensive about how some of the more controversial aspects were going to be handled but damn, you've got me now. Complete faith.

Just read the whole thing and I must admit, that got me f**king excited

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

My hopes are slowly recovering. I wont like certain elements, but probably will be entertained and hopefully this film sets up a future for the franchise.

azamultic

azamultic

Oh maaan, I want more) I want to see more trailers and read more stuff about the movie(not script of course). Can't wait for Semptember!!!!  ;D

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

I really dig where Shane is coming at this from. It's funny, but the man has a way of assuaging any fears by just explaining his method.

Unlike most people on here, I haven't expected this film to be a disaster. But, I did have reservations about a couple ideas here and there. Now though? After reading about Shane's thought process on this film?

I feel like even if the movie doesn't live up to the unrealistically high expectations, that many fans have for it. That it will still end up being a solid entry in the PREDATOR franchise.

September can't come soon enough!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Is it me or is he hinting at a possible budget of 100 million, saying that they could have half of the budget of Iron Man 3 ?

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 11, 2018, 02:47:22 PM
Is it me or is he hinting at a possible budget of 100 million, saying that they could have half of the budget of Iron Man 3 ?

I belive so. So that means it's bigger then avp 70 mill, avpr 40 mill predators 40 mill

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah that's really good, way more than we've had before if that turns out to be true  :)

Wysps

Wysps

That was an awesome interview.  It definitely showed the respect that Shane has for the franchise.  If the material ends up not playing over well, we can at least be assured that he did put a lot of thought and heart into the movie.  He went into it with his best, and I can totally respect that. 

"The government is involved in this and it takes it to the level of what happens when The Predator strikes, these incursions are not just a every-once-in-a-while phenomenon known to a few, but have come to the attention of an establishment that is actually set on preparing for and marshaling forces against these incoming Predator strikes." ... "And also, what happens when the Predators get a little more ambitious. Maybe it's not just a weekend anymore."

Love this.  Definitely a good foundation for future films. 

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 11, 2018, 01:06:05 PM
My hopes are slowly recovering. I wont like certain elements, but probably will be entertained and hopefully this film sets up a future for the franchise.

My thoughts exactly  :)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 11, 2018, 02:55:08 PM
Yeah that's really good, way more than we've had before if that turns out to be true  :)

Time will tell my friend

Cooler

Cooler

All these internet trolls dissing on this trailer, saying it will be worse than AvPR and all that nonsense, I doubt they have actually seen a Shane Black movie before...

azamultic

azamultic

So happy to see that people getting a little bit more friendly to this movie!  :)
I also think it's in some way good that this movie while in production already was hated by fans, compare to Prometheus which had every body being excited for the continuation of the Alien with Ridley Scott end up being pretty controversial, and not delivering what "fans" wanted. I think in this case it's better that "fans" are on guard, and probably it will make them pleased that it didn't end up being like Prometheus(of course if The Predator going to be good movie).
P.S. also I am super hyped because I was thinking about Shane Blacks movies, and I came to conclusion that I liked them all. Actually Iron Man 3 was my favourite out of all Iron Man movies   ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed