Does the Predalien have acid blood?

Started by yellow snow predator, Jan 01, 2008, 12:47:56 AM

Author
Does the Predalien have acid blood? (Read 25,166 times)

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 03, 2008, 09:06:29 PM
yeah, and kinda ruins the whole balance between the creatures. Preds much more formidable long-mid range, but aliens rule the close quarters fight.

yep, aliens rule close quarter combat. but did you notice how in this film the aliens were way weaker then they should have been? not only does wolf never get any acid on him at all (not even when he crushes ones head with his foot! WTF?) but the aliens never do anything to fight back. one alien was flipped over and punched once and that was it. fight over. that was pathetic. not to mention the stupid scene where he holds two aliens back at once and they just stood there screaming at him  ::) that was so lame.

having the aliens be punching bags was stupid... although, in a weird way this proved that aliens are tougher than preds. that scene with the alien getting light up by machine gun fire, then a hand gun, then a plasma caster hit, then a handgun again, and the whole time it was still coming was pretty impressive.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I don't remember the wolf stomping on ahead? musta missed that. The only scene I absolutely hated was the infamous scene with holding two aliens by the neck. Aliens are supposed to be stronger than preds. I wouldn't have cared if they fell into those traps he set, or if wolf used his weapons to own them or something.

Other than that scene it wasn't too bad, but the aliens were still shafted. The über hunter thing was fine, but they shouldn't weaken the aliens to make it work, just make wolf a better hunter (ie: have him use the spear in a fight, not his hands)

marrerom

marrerom

wolf crushed the aliens head after he cut it in half with the whip. it was part of the roof top battle.

his foot should have melted off but nope, that alien must have hade green play dough for blood not acid... ::)

pmaz11

pmaz11

The only reason the Predaliens blood didn't melt any part of Wolf's body or armour was because of money issues, I can gurantee that. Theres no evidence to support that Predator blood neutralizes aliens acid blood or any bullshit like that, I just think that whole concept is stupid and that that shit only belongs in comics or novels. :P

It was just because of budget and nothing else im sure, they just couldn't spend the time or money to add that in.

If Colin or Greg Strause says anything less than that being the reason then fine im wrong, but im just saying all the theories like the Predator blood/genes or whatever neutralizing the acid blood is stupid.

TheAncientEnemy

I wish people would stop trying to rationalize budget issues and production problems by trying to force them into the alien mythos.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Thats just the way it was though for this film. The Strause Brothers kept telling us that, and if certain people think there just using that for an excuse thats fine but look at if from there point of view too, because that was a problem for this film and they used the money the best they could im sure.

Personally im not dissapointed that the Predaliens blood didn't spill on Wolf and melt his skin or armour, although it would have been cool I don't think it was a big deal because they both got nuked anyways.

bobcunk

bobcunk

is not expensive to make acid effects. you just make the prop out off Styrofoam and and pour gasoline or acetone or something on it.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Thats not how they did it im sure. Theres a lot of different ways to do it to make it look GOOD and now a days that takes CGI and everything. Im sure Colin will tell you how hard it is if you ask him.

_Pred_Alien_

Yea it's probably best to not speculate and just ask the person who made the film, because one day he might not be here to answer questions

Newsfop

Newsfop

Quote from: Thedus on Jan 03, 2008, 04:25:18 PM
The problem here is that it's not just that the alien blood isn't effecting Wolf, but everything else as well.  Dallas was directly under an alien and shot it... by all rights he should have been covered in blood and bits, but he was fine.  The fragment of the alien head that hit the hospital roof didn't even melt anything.  The helicopter wasn't damaged, there was no collateral damage in the sewer or hospital.  People were shooting at aliens in close range and nothing was happening (unlike Vasquez in ALIENS).  There was a wounded alien crawling toward the helicopter, but nothing was melting in its wake...  The aliens seem to have the selective ability to allow their blood to corrode only what is deemed necessary.

In previous incarnations, the mechanics of the mouth and front of the head have been shown to not incorporate as much acidity. Ripley removes an alien tongue and there's not so much as a drop of acid to it. Scar cuts the skull cap completely off one of them to give to Alexa for use as a shield. I agree that not all fluids in the alien are acidic. Just like in a human, not all the fluids floating around are just blood. The top layer appears to have bloodflow, as show with the grid alien's escape from Celtic's net. I'm not going to pretend I know just how it works. I don't think anybody but Giger really know, and a lot of people are too stubborn or too creeped out to ask him.

(But don't forget also that the predator technology for firearms is more advanced. Remember in the first predator movie they specifically stated that Blaine's wound was completely cauterized by the blast. His front blew out, but not the back where he was hit. Dallas' shooting of the alien at point-blank range with the predator hand caster is another instance of showing that though the back of the alien's head went out, the front was cauterized, and he was out of there before anything fell back down.

Bliss

Bliss

During the final fight, I honestly didn't see any alien blood get on wolf.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Newsfop on Jan 04, 2008, 12:14:26 AM
Quote from: Thedus on Jan 03, 2008, 04:25:18 PM
The problem here is that it's not just that the alien blood isn't effecting Wolf, but everything else as well.  Dallas was directly under an alien and shot it... by all rights he should have been covered in blood and bits, but he was fine.  The fragment of the alien head that hit the hospital roof didn't even melt anything.  The helicopter wasn't damaged, there was no collateral damage in the sewer or hospital.  People were shooting at aliens in close range and nothing was happening (unlike Vasquez in ALIENS).  There was a wounded alien crawling toward the helicopter, but nothing was melting in its wake...  The aliens seem to have the selective ability to allow their blood to corrode only what is deemed necessary.

In previous incarnations, the mechanics of the mouth and front of the head have been shown to not incorporate as much acidity. Ripley removes an alien tongue and there's not so much as a drop of acid to it. Scar cuts the skull cap completely off one of them to give to Alexa for use as a shield. I agree that not all fluids in the alien are acidic. Just like in a human, not all the fluids floating around are just blood. The top layer appears to have bloodflow, as show with the grid alien's escape from Celtic's net. I'm not going to pretend I know just how it works. I don't think anybody but Giger really know, and a lot of people are too stubborn or too creeped out to ask him.

(But don't forget also that the predator technology for firearms is more advanced. Remember in the first predator movie they specifically stated that Blaine's wound was completely cauterized by the blast. His front blew out, but not the back where he was hit. Dallas' shooting of the alien at point-blank range with the predator hand caster is another instance of showing that though the back of the alien's head went out, the front was cauterized, and he was out of there before anything fell back down.

incorrect. aliens have acid blood. this is not debatable.  the scene in Aliens where hickas puts a shotgun in the aliens mouth and pulls the trigger thus send ing acid everywhere proves this. the fact that their acid blood doesnt do anything is a mistake on the part of the directors. its shows that they toned down the aliens so wolf would do better against them.

The Chibi Kiriyama

A real world reason could be that it wasn't possible with the budget. There isn't a reason I can think of in the franchise why it wouldn't be acidic. The Alien blood isn't diluted by human and dog hosts, so I don't know why a Predator host would change that.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

well besides the budget i think IMO more then anything is cuz of the "DNA" mixture of the xenos and pred.......

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

that doesn't make sense. All the pred DNA having more influence stuff is bullshit and have nothing to support it. When it comes to it, the pred is just another host for the alien and the alien will take just as much from it as anything else. The aliens, including the predalein, all had acid blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed