Ryse: Son of Rome

Started by Greedo, Jun 11, 2013, 09:45:36 AM

Author
Ryse: Son of Rome (Read 1,846 times)

Greedo

Greedo

Elicas

Elicas

Looked great up until the part I found out its XBone exclusive.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Elicas on Jun 11, 2013, 02:39:42 PM
Looked great up until the part I found out its XBone exclusive.

Same  :(

Greedo

Greedo

I know right :(

the game looks so epic aswell.

really hope it goes to PS4 one day , doubt it though :(

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I know at least Tiatanfall is on PC but not sure about Ryse. Hopefully.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

All this game is, is pretty button smashing. We're not missing out on much.

Greedo

Greedo

Just a load of quick time moments tbh.

but i did like the classic Roman Testudo formation though that was neat.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I like that there's going to be MP gladiator battles.

Prime113

Prime113

The combat seems like a mix of ACIII and Batman: Arkham series, neither of those were awful. The developers said the combat in the demo was speed up, so they could get through it faster.

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 12:44:55 PM
The combat seems like a mix of ACIII and Batman: Arkham series, neither of those were awful. The developers said the combat in the demo was speed up, so they could get through it faster.

Yeah they said normally you have to hit the enemies a few times and then you can finish then off with a QTE.They just made the QTEs instant to speed eveything up.(still not buying a XBO though)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Never owned a console and probably never will, but that beach landing portrayal looks utterly amazing... :o Like a 'Saving Private Ryan' of the ancient world.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 18, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
Never owned a console and probably never will, but that beach landing portrayal looks utterly amazing... :o Like a 'Saving Private Ryan' of the ancient world.

Spot on.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSj_jygAPZ0#ws

Doesn't look that bad. The video got a lot of dislikes though...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cal427eb on Nov 06, 2013, 10:15:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSj_jygAPZ0#ws

Doesn't look that bad. The video got a lot of dislikes though...

Certainly doesn't look too bad for a day 1 release. Who doesn't like a nice and brutal game?  :laugh:  My buddy is gettin it day 1, so after a few weeks I will get to play it and let you guys know what I think, if I end up being the first on here to play it.

I hope you don't end up fighting by yourself too much, though. Really wouldn't fit with playing the role of a General.

Ryse: Son of Rome tells the story of Marius Titus who witnesses the murder of his family at the hands of barbarians. Seeking revenge, Marius joins the Roman army in Britannia and quickly rises through the ranks. As war against the barbarians escalates, his quest unravels: to find his vengeance, he has to return to Rome.

Effectz

Effectz

Watched a friend of mine in the US streaming this last night on his twitch channel from beginning to end.The game is six and a half hours long,the combat is extremely repetitive,the first 3 minutes of combat in the game is the combat you will be stuck with for the rest of the game.You fight the same enemies over and over and over again,I swear to god there must of been only 5 enemy character models made for this game.
One thing this game has going for it is the voice acting and the cut scenes,they're great.

Not worth 60 bucks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed