Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 65,144 times)

RagingDragon

It's a shame they only have a handful of idiots to pick from when selecting a writer. :-\ I wonder what the film would be like if they could find writers who were talented, observant, and creative!

Remember when we used to have people who could write things well? What happened there? :laugh:

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 27, 2013, 04:23:55 PM
Remember when we used to have people who could write things well? What happened there? :laugh:

It's still going on. ;)

Space Sweeper

All I ask is that they get a good writer that understands the themes brought up in the universe from each movie that's had a positive impact and that they know what makes for good sci-fi... and tension.

I really want this to work out.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 27, 2013, 05:02:11 PM
All I ask is that they get a good writer that understands the themes brought up in the universe from each movie that's had a positive impact and that they know what makes for good sci-fi... and tension.

I really want this to work out.

Yup, agreed. I hope this moves forward, and more importantly, I hope it learns from and fixes the mistakes of the first one while expanding upon the foundation that has been laid forth.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Narusz on Feb 27, 2013, 04:13:01 PM
Quote from: TheChazmoch on Feb 27, 2013, 03:19:02 PM
True, at the end of Prometheus David is only a head, but they do bring his body. I'd be willing to suspend a little disbelief to accept that David could talk Shaw through repairs.

So you're basically saying that Shaw is not only an archeologist, a pathologist (she lead the examination of the head), a geneticist (she studied the cells), a chemist ("we affected the atmosphere!"), a theologist, but now also a technician?:)

A fair bet that David is already repaired in order to pilot the Juggernaut I'd have thought. I assumed the date of departure pretty much confirms that Shaw fixed David, they loaded the supplies from the life pod and set off, rather than an immediate scoot from on wrecked Juggernaut to the next operative one.

bishoop

bishoop

wonder when Prometheus 2 will come out? seemsto be RSs next film (before Blade 2)

if they working on it now maybe aiming for summer 2015? (Episode VII prob wont be out till 2016)

TheChazmoch

Quote from: Narusz on Feb 27, 2013, 04:13:01 PM
Quote from: TheChazmoch on Feb 27, 2013, 03:19:02 PM
True, at the end of Prometheus David is only a head, but they do bring his body. I'd be willing to suspend a little disbelief to accept that David could talk Shaw through repairs.

So you're basically saying that Shaw is not only an archeologist, a pathologist (she lead the examination of the head), a geneticist (she studied the cells), a chemist ("we affected the atmosphere!"), a theologist, but now also a technician?:)

She stayed at a Holiday Inn? =P

Blacklabel

eh. she doesnt need to have much technician expertise.. she just needs to do whatever david tells her to do.

this tube connects to this one that connects to that one...

Nightmare Asylum

Yup. Ripley and Parker were able to 'fix' Ash up a little bit in Alien as well. Granted, that's further down the line when robots are more commonplace, but over here Shaw has David functioning enough to explain to her what to do. I'd be able to buy it if they say she fixed him.

TheChazmoch

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 27, 2013, 05:59:59 PM
eh. she doesnt need to have much technician expertise.. she just needs to do whatever david tells her to do.

this tube connects to this one that connects to that one...

That's the way I see it. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I've repaired my own car's engine before. It can be learned.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Hope the sequel is much more in line of what everyone wanted the first to be. Hopefully a much more personal film, character wise, on a much larger scale (if that makes any sense).

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 27, 2013, 12:53:53 PM
Spaihts' script demonstrated that he didn't really know the Alien universe very well, and his Aliens were weaker than those in A:CM. I'd rather they get someone proven.

what were the continuity problems? His deacon killed most of the soldiers aboard the prometheus... just by using stealth and brute force... against heavily armed opponents. The Alien that popped out of Watts is killed by pure luck but even he took out an armed opponent beforehand... Weaker than A:CM?

and there's the scene where the Deacon....
QuoteJanek gets the pistol. Flips it in his hand. Fires over his
shoulder. Two, three rounds...
The bullets punch easily into the Alien - but the soft flesh
closes easily over the wounds, sealing its white skin. Its
teeth tighten.

f**k yo pistols, pretty much. :laugh:

the ultramorph and the "teenage aliens" are the one's that dont put too much of a fight if i remember well... but those fights came down more to sheer luck than by them being "weak".

the lack of acid damage to the ship was my main peeve with his script.. but at least Fifield's acid blood killed Vickers.. very painfully.
And there's a section where Janek says that:

QuoteWe're a modular ship. Self-contained
life-support and power in every
section. I say put the ship in orbit.
Vent every compartment to space. Sit
in vacuum at twenty degrees Kelvin for
a week. Kill anything.

With that, i dont think that localised acid damage would be as much of a problem to the Prometheus as it was to the Nostromo. They can presumably still make it home with a few holes through the ship.

It was just a few drafts away from being a proper shooting script. There was nothing in there that was absurdly terrible and it would've been a better, much more tense ride than the film we got.

Bring him back, i say.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 27, 2013, 02:40:35 PM
Great to hear she's up for returning. :)

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 27, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
I'm still waiting for a decent Alien prequel.

Oh, you must've missed it. Came out last year!

Yeah, still the only film where I've ever walked out of the cinema before the end credits rolled. What a load of shite.

TheLoon

TheLoon

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 27, 2013, 08:01:47 AM
Fingers crossed. Here's hoping Jon Spaihts is the writer on board :)

Eww why? Spaihts original draft was HORRENDOUS

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 27, 2013, 06:41:56 PM
Yeah, still the only film where I've ever walked out of the cinema before the end credits rolled. What a load of shite.

Did you see the AVP films at the cinema?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed