Alien: Survival - Spec Script by JM Prater & Eric David Wallace

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 29, 2019, 02:06:55 PM

Author
Alien: Survival - Spec Script by JM Prater & Eric David Wallace (Read 4,971 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I thought this might be of interest to folk. JM Prater of Perfect Organism and Eric Wallace talk about a spec script they've written and the journey they've had with getting it read - https://www.perfectorganism.com/blog/2019/10/28/these-guys-want-to-save-the-alien-franchise-and-they-have-a-plan

Evanus

Interesting, I doubt anything will come out of it though.

Still waiting for the third prequel.  >:(

The Old One

The Old One

Interesting, much the same thoughts as Evanus.

SM

So glad they're speaking for the whole fanbase and what it likes, while also not gatekeeping...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2019, 07:34:39 PM
So glad they're speaking for the whole fanbase and what it likes, while also not gatekeeping...

^this. Also why are the dates all f**ked?

SM

SM

Yeah apparently Aliens came out in 1982 and both AvP films came out in 2012...?

And the box office for both AvP films was pretty decent.  Whatever the quality of the films were, tripling your budget isn't exactly a "death spiral".

SiL

Didn't enjoy reading this. It's nice to see fans being passionate but this came across as so self important. Their web series was also pretty ... Eh, and doesn't sell me on the idea of them doing a movie.

SM

This has long been my issue with Perfect Organism.  Speaking as if they're spokespeople for the fandom (a lot of people were not keen on Blomkamp's take; and I don't think I have PTSD personally) and assumed but unearned authority.

Every time I've gone back to give the podcast another try I find it hasn't really changed.

And there's no D in Steve Rogers.

Huggs

For 2 seconds, I legitimately thought I was looking at Tom Hardy and Eminem.

I was significantly hyped.

Kradan

I love PO podcasts and Jamie in particular but can totally understand what SM is talking about. He's becoming more and more arrogant lately which is really disturbing ,

SiL

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2019, 01:21:21 AM
This has long been my issue with Perfect Organism.  Speaking as if they're spokespeople for the fandom (a lot of people were not keen on Blomkamp's take; and I don't think I have PTSD personally) and assumed but unearned authority.

Every time I've gone back to give the podcast another try I find it hasn't really changed.

And there's no D in Steve Rogers.
Reading the article and watching the video they link, the amount of stuff they attribute to Dan O'Bannon simply because his was the final name on the script really makes it feel like they don't actually know what they're talking about. I'd avoided the podcast till now due to a lack of time but this isn't selling me on taking the plunge when my schedule frees up ...

Kradan

Well, when JM's opinion is challenged by someone else it's becoming really funny to listen .

SiL

Ok, that got me interested ;D

Kradan

I'd recommend episodes 59, 71 and 84

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Let's avoid turning this into a thread poking fun or insulting, please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed