Old farts vs the Young Crowd: Age Gaps

Started by A.Nightmare, Aug 18, 2007, 04:46:20 PM

Author
Old farts vs the Young Crowd: Age Gaps (Read 9,659 times)

A.Nightmare

With some many debatable topics in this forum about the Alien franchise and Predator, I believe it has to do with the Age gaps. There are those of us, the older crowd, who remembering seeing Aliens and Predator in the theater and there are those of the younger crowd who have only have experienced them through dvd.  With the age groups, there is new ideas and then there are those who are traditional and dont want to f**k up a good thing. Which one are you?

Uncanny Antman

What about the ones in between?

A.Nightmare

Well, those two..who were like kids when the film came out and you wanted to see it so bad. that our parents got the VHS for rent...

Aeus

I'm in the 'young crowd'.

But I don't share the stereotypical opinions of my 'crowd mates'.

A.Nightmare

I actually have the laserdisc when it came out with the deleted scenes in there before they did the whole special edition like they do now...and my friend has the cut with Paul Riser hanging there as Ripley went looking for Newt and she gives him the grenade...(lucky Bastard!)

A.Nightmare

That cool..there are the young ones that respect Ridley's vision as well as Cameron's.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Ash on Aug 18, 2007, 04:53:41 PM
and my friend has the cut with Paul Riser hanging there as Ripley went looking for Newt and she gives him the grenade

Let me guess...he told you about it, but hasn't shown it to you.

Darkness

I consider the young crowd to be people who became "fans" post AvP.

I'm in the middle. Wasn't around when the originals came out but it doesn't mean I don't value them.

Aeus

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 18, 2007, 04:59:57 PM

I'm in the middle. Wasn't around when the originals came out but it doesn't mean I don't value them.

Then i'd be in the same crowd as you then.

A.Nightmare

I was like 13 when I saw Aliens in VHS and before  that I begged my Mother to let me watch Alien when I was like 7 or 8 and she let me...boy, I couldnt sleep that night! lol....

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 18, 2007, 04:59:57 PM

Same here. I remember seeing Alien 3 on HBO when I was 4 or 5 and I thought the creature was so cool running on the ceiling and walls. That's when I officially became a fan. Then I got my mom to buy me the toys like the "Snake Alien" and "Queen Alien". It had wings for crying out loud. That's not the queen!

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

well all i can say is i was into the series way when i was younger before an AVP movie was talked about

War Wager

I'm part of the young crowd as AvP got me into the franchises, but I do value the originals just as much as the older guys...  :-\

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ash on Aug 18, 2007, 04:53:41 PM
I actually have the laserdisc

Heh, flash bastard! :)

Also, you should request that your friend show you that other version, to confirm how it is, especially if they are capable of somehow taking screen captures from it. There has only ever been one frame most of us have seen.

SM

SM

QuoteLet me guess...he told you about it, but hasn't shown it to you.

:D

As to the topic - yes I'm an old fart but I'm open to new ideas.  Sadly there haven't been any for 10 years.  And there are people a lot younger than me who are more traditional.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed