Numbers (SPOILERS)

Started by Bullshido, May 11, 2015, 08:02:39 PM

Author
Numbers (SPOILERS) (Read 1,638 times)

Bullshido

Bullshido

After finishing this gem of a game I`ve been thinking, were there always multiple drones lurking around Sevastapol or is it supposed to be
the same one following Ripley the entire time ?

- seeing as how the transport system works between the towers I find it a bit silly if the same drone manages to tail her right up til the detatchment of the science lab..

What do you guys think?

Murfy426

Murfy426

it was definitely multiple drones due to the transportation between towers. but before the discovery in the hive I always thought of it as the same alien because of the building predator/prey relationship you have with the alien

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to think it's just the one.

But the Hive mentality will let them all learn from your encounters.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I was under the impression it was just one, at least up until you jettison it from the station. Like you say, it would mean the Alien teleporting around the place a lot, but I could put that down to simple game mechanics - it'd be boring if you had predictable periods where he wasn't around every time you travelled somewhere new.

The real question that hampers the only one Drone theory is what all the other guys were doing during this time. Sitting around the Hive twiddling their thumbs?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Doing other stuff whilst you're busy. Don't think that ones too hard to deal with. It's a big station. There's supposed to be some hints at a larger number earlier on. Can't really recall the hints but I'm sure they were there.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2015, 10:59:19 AMDoing other stuff whilst you're busy.

I guess. But then you have those moments later on where more than one start showing up with increasing regularity, and you have to ask, "Why wasn't that happening all along?"

I dunno, to be honest I didn't really think about the specifics of it while I was playing or even when I was re-playing, because I was just too immersed in being scared :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 12, 2015, 11:03:41 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2015, 10:59:19 AMDoing other stuff whilst you're busy.

I guess. But then you have those moments later on where more than one start showing up with increasing regularity, and you have to ask, "Why wasn't that happening all along?"

Because you'd gone and stirred the hornet's nest. It wasn't until you'd overloaded the reactor that they came out in numbers.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

It's interesting because the idea of having multiple aliens on paper does seem more terrifying, but the game (although still brilliant) does go downhill for me when it becomes apparent dozens of aliens are about.

I often wonder if the film writers have the same dilemma when making their pitches. Multiple aliens seems more of a threat and cooler, yet with just the one it is much easier to maintain the horror and invincibility of the creature.

windebieste

windebieste

I think we are expected to believe that the player is only encountering a single Creature at any time up until we take a hike through the resin palace. 

However, there is a video on YouTube that demonstrates that 2 Aliens can be present in the game as early as the 2nd half of the Find the Medkit' mission. 

I'll see if I can find it. 

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I believe there are multiples the whole time. The game tries to fool you at first, but the hive is the realisation.

Jarac

Jarac

Before the discovery of the Hive, I thought it was just one. But once that part came up, everything made sense. Definitely more than one throughout Sevastopol before that part.

szkoki

szkoki

no i think it was one. multiple aliens from start doesnt make any sense, since in the end multiple aliens are really there(well in a meaning of that a xeno appeara in every 5 seconds), so why wasnt the case before....why there was no xeno anywhere for a long ass time when we jettisoned that one? i think 1 xeno was capturing all the people on Sevastopol, until Amanda woke up the whole hive.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

It could be just 1, but I would think maybe 2, or 3. I would say 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed