Alien³ 4K Director's Cut

Started by The Old One, Jan 24, 2020, 10:00:31 AM

Author
Alien³ 4K Director's Cut (Read 2,186 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I hope that upon the film's upcoming 30th Anniversary, the film receives a 4K re-release for a new Director's Cut overseen by David Fincher, with Director and partial Cast commentary. Let me know, what's your unrealistic hope, (barring anything with character fates in the intro) for the film's 30th Anniversary?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Now that DISNEY own the films, what little chance there was of celebrating its 30th anniversary in any meaningful way is gone. The 30th will come and go with zip.

Don't sell off the Blu-ray set yet.

Corporal Hicks

I'd just love them to re-composite the puppet footage. But I doubt the original footage exists anymore.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2020, 12:49:33 PM
I'd just love them to re-composite the puppet footage. But I doubt the original footage exists anymore.
With DeepFake, there's always hope...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2020, 12:49:33 PM

If it did I don't think Disweyland would even spend the money on it unfortunately.

Corporal Hicks

Fiendish did specify unrealistic!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ah. I missed that.

Well then for the 30th Anniversary I hope Disweyland puts up $100 Million in new reshoots, hires actor Michael Biehn and a Newt lookalike, and with de-aging and face replacement technology gives them both a proper send-off those characters deserve!

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 24, 2020, 03:19:51 PM
Should I also have included a  caveat about certain characters getting "what they deserve" c'mon.

'tis my opinion!  And it's not a lonely one!  And Hicks is right, you did ask what would be our "unrealistic hope"!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The least realistic part of this idea is Fincher coming back to contribute in any way.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps but he almost returned for the Special Edition according to Charles de Lauzirika, he just missed the phone call, and he only heard late in production. I imagine David Fincher's preferred version is probably closer to the shooting script. But in the editing room who knows.

SiL

SiL

Fincher has said one of the reasons a Director's Cut is impossible is they never filmed enough of what he wanted to make his ideal version in the first place.

That said, a new edit overseen by a modern Fincher would be interesting to see.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes definitely, I hope so, but, if no David Fincher version, or new version at all is on the horizon, I hope if nothing else this is.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2020, 03:05:04 PM
Well then for the 30th Anniversary I hope Disweyland puts up $100 Million in new reshoots, hires actor Michael Biehn and a Newt lookalike, and with de-aging and face replacement technology gives them both a proper send-off those characters deserve!

But who should play Turk?

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 24, 2020, 04:58:27 PM
Perhaps but he almost returned for the Special Edition according to Charles de Lauzirika, he just missed the phone call, and he only heard late in production.

No, I think you got the wrong end of the stick there. He didn't want anything to do with the assembly cut. He did however leave Charles a message on his answering machine after the assembly cut was released where he "sort of" congratulated Charles on a job well done. Charles tried to call him back but also missed the call.

judge death

judge death

My biggest hope for a future release of this movie would be:

1: The effects are improved and maybe even new CGI upgrades where its neeeded, and the FX effects with the puppet to be clear and detailed, several rumors say they have shown a such edition to testaudiences and it looked good.

2: David fincher gets to edit the movie and if disney/fox allows it: he get to film or refilm whatever scene he wants and get the actors back, those alive that say, and do the best version and the final version of the movie.

3: Edit in the alien had captured some prisoners and had them cooccooned, which would make it seem smarter and not just mindless killer.

4: The intro is changed to just shows facehuggers emerging from the drop ship and new intro of the movie.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 24, 2020, 05:26:47 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2020, 03:05:04 PM

But who should play Turk?

Vincent Ward of course! He must make amends for his transgressions!  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

There is some good stuff as well, I agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed