Alien 3rd person view, yay or nay?

Started by Dowly, Apr 04, 2012, 06:56:50 PM

Alien will be played from third-person view. What's your take on it?

Good idea!
53 (45.3%)
No, stick to 1st person view.
47 (40.2%)
I don't care.
17 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author
Alien 3rd person view, yay or nay? (Read 25,309 times)

Dovahkiin

As I have said before, I'm am fine with the third person. I wouldnt mind a first person option to change it up, but im cool with it if they dont add that. The Xeno animations need work, but I'm absolutely sure that GBX will work it out. I adore the fact that if a marine catches an Alien at long range, the Alien is F*cked, but if the Xeno gets up close and personal, the marine can kiss his ass goodbye unless he has three buddies covering him. This game will be GREAT.

Alkohol

Alkohol

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here, have been reading these forums about 5 years. So back to the topic:
If i had to choose i would go first person but what i most want is the toggle option. First person because it has allways been so and i'm used to it and believe so are many alien players. If we wont get that i hope the camera in third person is similiar to Arkham games. So when laying in the ceiling and hiding i could spin the cam around and be aware what's happening.

PLEXI

PLEXI

While I really enjoy how immersive the first person perspective has been for the Xenomorphs in AVP...  I fully support GBX's change to 3rd person as it makes it more accessible to more casual Xeno players and will prevent new players from getting lost on walls like in previous AVP games.  For a melee oriented creature where situational awareness is key I think it's a good idea.

They really just need to tighten up the animations and camera movements.  Once they've polished it more, it could be great as it has plenty of potential.

ScardyFox

You should be able to toggle between views.

Giger_Incubator

I would probably be up in arms about having the different view for the Alien if not for the fact that I was really into Splinter Cell multiplayer back on the original Xbox.  Mercenaries played in 1stPP and the spies played in 3rdPP and it was glorious.  Made two extremely distinct styles of play clash against each other and it still is today one of the greatest online experiences I've had.  I'm ready to give this a chance.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Dowly on Apr 04, 2012, 06:56:50 PM
Personally, I can't get immersed in third-person view, at all. No matter how immersive the graphics and the
surroundings are, a 3rd person view ruins it completely.
Discuss.
I totally agree, though it would be great if they let players chose between 3rd and 1st person view.
I haven't played the demo but still its difficult for me to get in the mindset of a xeno while in 3rd person view.
I really hope they deliver no matter what will see in the final product.

Berserker Pred

I prefer 3rd person. A lot less disorientating and just looks cooler to see the alien IMO. I think there should be an option to switch to 1st person for some people that don't like 3rd person.

FightFinda

Much prefer 3rd person for the xenomorphs. As beserker said, its much less disorienting and furthermore I like to see what it is I am controlling, especially if it's something as frickin' awesome as a damn xenomorph! :) What's more it gives the alien the proper advantage of a large field of view and helps convey the alien's "sixth sense" as Randy called it.

Edvin

Edvin

Quote from: Dowly on Apr 04, 2012, 06:56:50 PM
Personally, I can't get immersed in third-person view, at all. No matter how immersive the graphics and the
surroundings are, a 3rd person view ruins it completely.
Discuss.
whoa, you dont sound like a happy gamer...

PsyKore

PsyKore

I originally voted for 1st person, but I agree with some people here that it would be great to be able to toggle between both views.

acrediblesource

If they did it for the Alien they'd have to do it for the Marines too. Id say both, and they'd better get it right!

FightFinda

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 01, 2012, 04:07:10 PM
If they did it for the Alien they'd have to do it for the Marines too.

Why is that? No doubt playing as the marine would be better in first person as it adds that scare factor in that you can't see what's behind you, not to mention it encourages you to keep turning to get your bearings on where the xenos are coming from on your motion tracker (like Hudson in the movie). Alien Resurrection on the PSone was orginally going to be a third-person shooter but they dropped it in favour of first person for this exact reason.

FUBAR1945

Good idea. I'm totally lost wen i play as a Xeno in AvP.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 11, 2012, 05:06:38 PM
What I like best is how the eyes get mirrored in the last pic.
It was a Jurassic park reference.

Huggs

Huggs

Holy thread resurrection batman!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed